Deportes Quindío technical director Óscar Héctor Quintabani told Caracol Radio’s 6AM Hoy por Hoy about recent threats against him from alleged team fans. On Tuesday night, between 12 and 15 motorcycles tried to break into his house.
“Last night my daughter was scared, I asked her what was going on, she was at the door of the unit with a few friends… At that moment they called me from the gatekeeper’s office and told me that there were several motorcycles there ” “, 12 or 15 motorcycles, all with helmets, said they wanted to enter my property, they wrote my name so I could leave, they put a coffin with the cross on the back,” Quintabani revealed.
“Such situations are common in the country in general and it shouldn’t be like that. I have been in the country for more than 40 years, I have a clean resume both professionally and as a citizen,” the strategist reflected on the event. Last week their players were also attacked by supposed fans.
The Colombian-Argentinian assured that he is already working with the authorities to identify those responsible for the intimidation. “There is no justification for violence, football is passion and that is passion, we cannot achieve extreme effects, we must denounce them.”
And he added what complaints he had made. “Nobody likes to get hurt, and even more so, you protect your children. Last night the authorities responded logically, I had people from the police in my house, a colonel came to take orders, I will go to the prosecutor’s office to file a complaint.”
For now, Óscar Héctor Quintabani will continue to manage Deportes Quindío. His team is in ninth place in the second division with 14 points, half as much as leaders Fortaleza and in eighth place with the same units as Real Santander.