Saturday, January 29, 2022

2021 a blockbuster year for mobile apps

Mobile adoption accelerated in 2021, according to mobile data and analytics company App Annie, with increased download, usage and app store spending on mobile devices, and consumers spending a record 3.8 trillion hours away on mobile devices.

In its mobile status 2022 In the report, the analyst company revealed several trends in how the world is moving towards mobile apps. It found 2021 record-breaking as consumers continued to adopt a mobile lifestyle, with users in the top 10 mobile markets spending 4.8 hours a day on mobile devices, spending $170 billion on apps, up 19% from the previous year higher, and the downloads reached 230 billion, an increase of 5%.

Developers released two million new apps and games in 2021, bringing the total number of apps and games released on iOS and Google Play to more than 21 million so far.

Google Play accounted for 77% of all apps and game releases in 2021. In both iOS and Google Play, games represented 15% of all new releases in 2021. The remaining 85% of new apps are spread across all categories of the App Store from mobile. -First movers from social to mobile-forced industries such as insurance and healthcare.

Apps are also removed and phased out over time, so the number of apps and games currently available for download on the App Store is 5.4 million, of which 1.8 million are on iOS and 3.6 million are on Google Play.

Another major standout was the continued explosion in social and photo and video apps, with seven out of every 10 minutes on mobile being spent on such categories. App Annie predicted that as mobile use rises in emerging categories, so will those consumers deeper into early-mover categories such as social, communication, and photos.

While apps like YouTube and TikTok have seen an increase in market share of time spent, it is not largely at the expense of existing habits. Rather, consumers have historically converted non-mobile time to time spent in apps and games.

Financial apps were revealed to be a major trend in 2021, showing strong growth globally. App downloads in India broke the billions barrier in 2021, leading to an overall 28% year-on-year increase in finance app downloads worldwide, to a total of 5.9 billion.

Digital challenger banks – or NeoBank – that have no physical presence, gained in popularity as YONO SBI, NuBank and PickPay each saw an annual increase of over 30% in average monthly average users (MAUs) worldwide. Brazil was a particular hotspot for neobank adoption because it has a large population that does not currently have ties to retail banks. The country’s Nubank and PicPay had the second and third highest average MAUs worldwide in 2021, while its C6 bank and Banco Pan saw MAUs increase by over 200% year-on-year.

The study found that mobile shopping habits induced by COVID-19 have solidified. With strong movement in fast fashion, social shopping and mobile-savvy big-box players, time in shopping apps reached more than 100 billion hours globally, an 18% increase year over year. Countries with the fastest annual growth include Indonesia, Singapore and Brazil, accounting for 52%, 46% and 45%, respectively.

“Mobile is the biggest ever and most useful device of the future,” said Theodor Krantz, chief executive officer of App Annie. “The big screen is slowly dying out as mobile is breaking records in almost every category – time spent, downloads and revenue. Mobile brings us closer to each other whether it is virtually or in person.”

Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -