Las South American qualifiers for the 2026 World Cup which takes place in the US, Canada and Mexico will be played on Tuesday, September 12 for the second date on the calendar.
The games start early in the afternoon. First battle between Bolivia and Argentina, where Lionel Messi’s team must visit the heights of La Paz. The games will continue on Ecuador and Uruguay, game to be played in Quito.
Venezuela and Paraguay They are scheduled for the third match of the day. while Colombia get his game against Chile It’s night. This is the penultimate match of the date that ends in the last minute of the match between For Chile.
Conmebol Qualifications | Current standing
- Argentina: 6 points | +4 HD
- Uruguay: 4 points | +2 HD
- Brazil: 3 points | +4 HD
- Colombia: 3 points | +1 HD
- Paraguay: 2 points | 0 DG
- Per: 1 point | 0 DG
- Venezuela: 1 point | -1 DG
- Chile: 0 points | -2 HD
- pubic hair: 0 points | -7 A.G
- Ecuador: -3 points | -1 HD
LIVE results of matchday 2 of the South American Qualifiers
- Bolivia 0-3 Argentina | 3:00 pm | RCN Channel and Caracol TV
- Ecuador 1-1 Uruguay| 4:00 pm | Snail game
- Venezuela 0-0 Paraguay| 5:00 p.m RCN Channel and Caracol TV
- Chile vs Colombia | 7:30 p.m RCN Channel and Caracol TV
- Per vs Brazil | 9:00 p.m Canal RCN, Caracol TV and Caracol Play
How will the next two qualifying dates play out?
Date 3 | 12/10
- Bolivia vs Ecuador | 3:00 in the afternoon
- Colombia vs. Uruguay | 3:30 in the afternoon
- Chile vs. Per | 7:00 in the evening
- Argentina vs. Paraguay | 7:00 in the evening
- Brazil vs. Venezuela | 7:30 in the evening
Date 4 | 10/17
- Venezuela vs Chile | 4:00 in the afternoon
- Paraguay vs Bolivia | 5:30 in the afternoon
- Ecuador vs. Colombia | 6:30 in the evening
- Uruguay vs Brazil | 7:00 p.m
- Per against Argentina | 9:00 p.m
How many from South America will qualify for the 2026 World Cup?
FIFA announced the changes they will get for this 2026 World Cup where they go for the first time 48 selected from all over the planet. For the competition that will take place in the US, Canada and Mexico, the classification of all confederations will change. In the particular case of Conmebol, the region will add two places for this occasion. Previously there were 4 qualifiers and another option accessible through the playoffs. With the new format, they will classify 6 choices and one more who will make it to the playoffs.
The change will be significant, as the option is now open to other teams that have had a more difficult time qualifying in their history, so it will now be cheaper in the new Qualifiers model. In the specific case of Colombia he has more chances than the last one he stayed was eliminated from the World Cup for finishing in sixth place on point to access the playoffs.