In the context of World Tourism Day, celebrated every September 27, Bitso a cryptocurrency platform, shared through a statement the Helpful tips and ways to make the most of cryptocurrencies on your travels.
As cryptocurrencies continue to expand their applications in daily life, they also open new opportunities for tourists, which transcend digital boundaries. This translates into the ability to pay for food, experiences and accommodation without the need to exchange local currencies, maintaining the liquidity of your assets and reducing the number of transactions.
1. Save your trip with stablecoins: From the stage of planning and saving for your next trip, it is useful to keep your funds in a stable currency, such as the USDC digital dollar, which is pegged 1:1 to the US dollar. This strategy helps you protect your money from inflationary fluctuations and maintain your purchasing power in the currency of your choice.
2. Cryptocurrency rewards: If you are a frequent traveler, you can exchange the points accumulated on your Despegar trips, the leading online travel agency in Latin America, for cryptocurrencies. This option has been available since this year for Argentina and Mexico. For those who have accumulated more than 100 points in their Despegar Passport, the Bitso alliance allows them to convert them into digital assets to continue traveling in the world of cryptocurrencies.
3. Transfer of funds between persons: When you travel in a group, you often have to split costs or share fees. This task becomes more complicated when you travel with people from different countries. However, The Bitso application allows transfers between users from anywhere in the world for free and in real time using the Bitso Transfer function and the currency of your choice.
4. Travel crypto payments using QR: Argentina is known for its large number of tourist attractions and the widespread use of payments using QR codes.. For visitors to this country, getting money can be complicated, and fluctuating exchange rates can make the experience more expensive. Bitso, through its application, allows you to pay by scanning the QR code of any provider, choose the currency you want to pay and get the best exchange rate in the market, while the business immediately receives the amount of Argentine pesos.
5. Sustainable cryptocurrency tourism: In Brazil, it is possible to access sustainable and community tourism experiences by paying with cryptocurrencies thanks to the company Vivalá, specialized in expeditions with a socio-environmental focus within the territory of Brazil. It is one of the first sustainable tourism companies in Brazil to accept cryptocurrency payments, thanks to its partnership with Bitso, reducing costs compared to the use of credit cards and traditional banking options.
Daniel González, Bitso’s Crypto Analyst, commented: “Although cryptocurrencies are a new world, it is important to highlight the use cases and the real usefulness that this technology has in people’s lives. “We continue to focus on developing products that allow people to take advantage of their advantages, listing currencies with interesting use cases and creating valuable alliances that allow people to experience the all possibilities and, in this case, travel as part of the economy of the future.”
Definitelycryptocurrencies are changing the way tourists manage their finances during their travels, offers alternatives that range from savings to payment simplification and the promotion of sustainable tourism in various destinations around the world.