Sunday, February 5, 2023

78% of LAPDs are at least partially vaccinated; few refuse to sign the order notice

?Url=Https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia Times Photos 1Staff 856667 La Me Inside Lapd Crime Briefing 15 Als

Officials said on Tuesday that about 78% of LAPD officers received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccination, with 172 LAPD officers receiving their first dose just last week.

The increase came after police overseers began manually delivering notifications to unvaccinated LAPD employees that they must start paying for regular COVID-19 testing and get vaccinated by December 18 unless they receive a medical or religious exemption.

Officials were concerned that a large number of officers would refuse to sign these notices, which would result in them being suspended from disciplinary dismissal proceedings, but this has not happened so far.

Of the 2,158 notices sent to unvaccinated staff in recent days, only three – two jury officers and one civil servant – refused to sign the notices, causing them to be sent home pending disciplinary hearings. Tuesday morning.

In total, Moore said nearly 3,600 of the LAPD’s 12,100 employees were due to receive notice, including 2,239 employees who applied for the exemption, and that 60% of them had been served as of Tuesday. Moore said the department is working to reach the remaining 40% as soon as possible, although many of them are on vacation and are not currently showing up for work.

“It is desirable that all of these notifications are delivered immediately,” Moore said.

Moore and several panelists cited Tuesday’s increase in total vaccinations as progress towards the department’s ultimate goal of a fully vaccinated workforce.

“We are making progress — not steps, but steps — in the right direction,” said Commission President William Briggs, a prominent critic of vaccine resistance in the department in recent months.

78% of LAPD employees who are partially vaccinated rank the LAPD just behind the general public in Los Angeles County, where 80% of people 12 and older are currently partially vaccinated.

Moore said 73% of the department is currently fully vaccinated. This is slightly more than the 72% of residents 12 and older who are fully vaccinated, according to the county.

Since the start of the pandemic, more than 3,200 LAPD employees have contracted COVID-19, including 13 in the past week and 11 who have died. All but one of those who contracted the virus in the past week were not vaccinated, Moore said, in one case the breakthrough occurred with the participation of an employee who was previously vaccinated.

One LAPD employee was hospitalized with COVID-19 in serious condition on Tuesday, Moore said.

Commissioners noted that Moore and other department officials have increased vaccination rates through efforts to educate staff on the safety and efficacy of vaccines and push them to vaccinate, including by facilitating the process with a mobile vaccination program that allows employees to take pictures of their workers. places. …

The impact of such efforts is unclear, although the mandate has certainly had an impact on improving vaccination rates in the department, which stabilized before the city announced the mandate and pushed ahead with plans to secure it.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Desk
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news