Saturday, June 10, 2023

A Cuban family lost everything in a fire in Havana

A Cuban family’s possessions were destroyed in a fire at their home in Havana, according to sources close to the victims.

The tragedy was made public on the Facebook profile “Cuban Mothers for a Better World”, where user Marian Quintana asked for help for her brother-in-law and wife, who this Tuesday burned down their house in Guanabacoa and lost all their belongings. , Including a six-month-old child and another four-year-old child.

Quintana said people selling “cheap items” should contact the affected family on WhatsApp at 59377467.

“They have neither clothes nor sheets. Just nothing. Please if you are selling cheap stuff you can call me on my number and I have given you his contact information or if you want to go they can see it’s not a lie they have nothing was left Diosito, everything caught fire. Sorry to post, but that is desperate.”

The user did not provide details on whether the fire caused casualties or the exact location of the incident, leaving one family in a precarious position.

House fires in Cuba are reported more frequently by network users, where groups mobilize to help victims, especially when minors are left with nothing in these tragedies.

In the past week, a fire was reported in a house located at the intersection of General Lacrate and Morel streets in the Havana municipality of Díaz de Octubre.

Several commandos from the city appeared in the Santo Suárez neighborhood to control the flames, which originated from a wooden structure on the roof of a building.

According to the Cuban firefighters profile on Facebook, it was necessary to deploy several commandos and cars to extinguish the fire. There is no report of any casualty or injury in the accident.

Shortly before the tragedy, firefighters from Santiago de Cuba extinguished a house fire in that province, on the eastern edge of the country.

The origin of the incident was identified in a gasoline tank that had exploded in a bedroom of a house, and some unofficial sources say that a liquefied gas cylinder had exploded.

In early May, an electric motorcycle was the trigger for another fire at a military building in the San Matias neighborhood, in the Havana municipality of San Miguel del Padrón.

Quantified damages included the destruction of the garage of the building where the vehicle was located just prior to the start of the incident.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Desk
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here