A Florida resident who worked as a concrete company employee and was going to do a job with another man died early Thursday after being there electrocuted by a cable that came loose after an electrical transformer exploded.
The victim, in his 60s, was identified as Jose Moreno as stated Univision.
Employees of the deceased were on site and were very saddened by Moreno’s death.
It was about 5:30 a.m. on Sept. 14 when authorities responded to a 911 call at Northwest 8th Avenue and 73rd Street.
When Miami-Dade firefighters arrived at the scene, they found the victim without signs of life and the exploded transformer in flames.
A witness who called 911 said he saw the man lying on the ground with burns all over his body.
“I saw a big explosion, you could see green flashes coming from the transformer, whoever was with the victim ran up to me and told me to call 911 because he didn’t speak English, honestly, he looked very burnt from “I saw him, I wasn’t breathing,” a witness said in his statements Local10.
“The cable was wrapped around his legs and sparks were still flying. He was wearing long pants, but you could see his legs. His legs were burned and so were his hands,” Glover added.
Some residents learned what happened in their homes after the power outage.
“It was 5:30 a.m. when the power went out in my house and we heard the transformer making noise. Through the window I observed that there were sparks, it came and went, I went out into the street and saw someone on the corner screaming and asking for help until the ambulance came and found the man electrocuted,” said another resident of the house area.
The company said in a statement Florida Power & Light He expressed his condolences to the victim’s family and said that approximately 1,500 customers had lost service due to the tragic events.