Thursday, March 30, 2023

A man dies

The infection was going to happen because the man immersed his nose in the water at the sound. This amoeba can only cause infections when it thrives in warm water.

A man has died after accidentally consuming a microscopic “brain-eating” amoeba, presumably to flush his nose with water at his home in Charlotte County, on the southwest coast of Florida (USA).

He said that the amoeba known scientifically as “Naegleria acupi” was confirmed in the body of the victim by the State Department of Health, which stated in a statement that the subject – whose identity was not revealed – had suffered an infection from this parasite “possibly as a result”. from the exercises of washing the paranasal sinuses (your nasal cavity) with water.

Authorities are continuing to investigate the death, which occurred at the end of last February.

“Epidemiological research compared to specific conditions of infection” of this parasitic amoeba. “Unfortunately, it resulted in a death, and if there is any further information about this case we will keep the patient confidential,” said Jae Williams of the Florida Department of Health.

“Naegleria vulture” lives in the environment without harming humans, but when it proliferates in warm waters, it can cause fatal infections by reaching the brain through the olfactory nerves in the bath.

This amoeba can destroy the brain and usually cause death, so the authors call for caution in fresh and temperate waters in summer.

“In rare circumstances, this amoeba infection of the brain is called primary amebic meningoencephalitis (PAM),” said the Department of Health, which urged residents in that county to follow a series of health instructions, among others, such as exercise. only boiled or sterile water, making a kind of nose wash from above.

Between 1962 and 2021, only four of 154 people in the US had survived with “brain-eating” amoeba.

According to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a boy who contracted this parasite died last year after swimming in Lake Mead in Nevada; another child died in Nebraska and a Missouri resident who became infected after showering in Iowa, CBS Miami reported.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Desk
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news