The Argentinian gastronomy crossed the borders once again, but this time, the recognition from the French pastry. Recently Pastry Awards 2023the French guide The list the prize was awarded to Best Opening of the Year in one local pastries: from Belen Melamed located at Donado street at 1600inside it Buenos Aires is a neighborhood of Villa Ortúzar.
almost impossible to pass less than a year since its opening, At the beginning of 2023, the Melamed pastry success appeal to the palate of dessert lovers with the modern product it offers check the combination of flavors a mix between sweet, salty and spicy.
An Argentine pastry shop highlighted among the best in a French guide
As part of its annual tradition, the French guide La Liste implemented his Patry Awards, which rewards the most famous pastry masters in the world. On this occasion, Belén Melamed was honored in the Best Opening category sharing the stage with Australian bakery Tarts Anon, whose owners Gareth Whitton and Catherine Way have left their mark on Melbourne.
In addition to these unique recognitions, La Liste also awarded figures such as Pierre Hermé the famous French pastry chef and chocolatier, as well Jordi Roca whose construction in Rocambolesc, located in the city of Girona, also deserves this recognition.
Delighted, Belén Melamed shared his surprise from his account Instagram: “I still can’t believe everything I’ve experienced… Life never stops surprising me, it always comes at moments when it’s needed the most.“, wrote.
Check out this Instagram post
A post shared by Belen González M. (@belumelamed)
The complete list of awards
- Honor Award: Pierre Hermé (France)
- World’s most creative pastry chef: Amaury Guichon (Las Vegas, United States)
- Opening pastry of the year: Tarts Anon (Gareth Whitton and Catherine Way | Melbourne, Australia)
- Opening pastry of the year: The Pastry Shop (Bélén Melamed | Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Opening pastry of the year: Urban Bakery Frappe (Solenn Le Squer and Thomas Padovani | Paris, France).
- Opening pastry of the year: La Pâtisserie Julien Dugourd (Julien and Aurélie Dugourd | Nice, France)
- Pastry change: Philip Khoury (Harrod’s | London, England)
- Award for the best pastry experience: (Jordi Roca | Ale Rivas | Girona, Spain)