Tuesday, January 31, 2023

According to CSIC researchers, olive pomace oil reduces the risk of cholesterol, diabetes and waist circumference

  • Compared with sunflower oil and high oleic sunflower oil
  • Participants saw lower levels of their total cholesterol and also their waist circumference, an important indicator of obesity.
  • This oil is made with 80% olives that are not used to obtain extra virgin, virgin or olive oil.

Research by the Institute of Food and Nutrition Science and Technology (ICTAN) of the Higher Council for Scientific Research (CSIC) shows how Regular consumption of olive pomace oil can have positive effects in cardiovascular health and related maladies, such as diabetes and obesity.

This research, the results of which have been published European Journal of Nutrition, Nutrients y Foodsdone through two clinical trials of Nutritional intervention in 132 healthy volunteers and subjects at risk (hypercholesterolemic), comparison of the effect of this oil with sunflower and high oleic sunflower.

The results obtained have shown positive effects of regular consumption of olive pomace oil against cardiovascular disease, lowering total cholesterol levels, LDL cholesterol and lipid oxidation (antioxidant effect). Besides, there was Decreased waist circumference and improved biomarkers related to insulin resistance and sensitivity given the importance of obesity and type 2 diabetes with an increased cardiometabolic risk.

Olive pomace oil is obtained from the total utilization of olives. The other three types of olive oil (extra virgin, virgin and olive oil) represent about 20% of the juice of the fruit. The remaining 80% consists of the remains of the bone, skin, water and oil from which olive pomace oil is made.

profits

In relation to cardiovascular disease, consumption of olive pomace oil may improve the lipid profile in the blood, with a trend observed, due to a decrease in total cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL or bad cholesterol) levels. both in the group of healthy subjects and in the risk group (hypercholesterolemic volunteers),

On the other hand, consumption of olive pomace oil also significantly decreased waist circumference in the two groups analyzed, An essential marker in the evaluation of obese patients Because of its association with increased cardiometabolic risk.

In case of group of healthy consumers, the benefit of regular consumption of this oil has also shifted the marker of Oxidative stress is thought to be a pathophysiological condition associated with increased cardiovascular risk., according to diabetes mellitus type 2Study results showed a decrease in insulin levels and a decrease in the index of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR), which are associated with a greater risk of developing the disease, rather than an improvement in tissue sensitivity to insulin, which is associated with diabetes. may indicate a low risk of,

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here