Friday, October 15, 2021

After the second Moderna COVID shooting, 2 people died in Japan

Japan’s Ministry of Health and Welfare said on Saturday that two people in their 30s died a few days after receiving the second Moderna COVID-19 vaccination.

Officials said the vaccine used came from supplies that were suspended after contaminants were discovered on Thursday. The ministry said the cause of death earlier this month is under investigation.

The Japanese government and Moderna said earlier that the suspension of vaccines is not a problem and that the suspension is a preventive measure.

In India, the authorities have reported more than 46,700 new coronavirus infections, the highest number of cases in the past two months. This surge occurred after a holiday in the southern state of Kerala.

According to Indian government data, in the 24 hours before Saturday afternoon, the total number of COVID-19 cases in the country rose to nearly 32.7 million, and the death toll increased by 500 to 437,370.

The number of COVID-19 infections and deaths in India is second only to the United States, ranking second in the world

More than 10 million doses of vaccine were vaccinated in the 24 hours before Saturday afternoon, and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi called this record a “major feat.”

In the United States, officials in charge of dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic say that half of 12 to 17-year-olds have received at least the first dose of the vaccine.

The White House Coronavirus Coordinator Jeff Zienz told reporters at a press conference on Friday: “We have now reached an important milestone. With millions of children returning to school, this is crucial. Important progress.”

Zients said that teenagers are vaccinated faster than other age groups.

Among the larger U.S. population, 61% (nearly 203 million people) have received at least one coronavirus vaccine. It has not been authorized to vaccinate children under 12 years of age.

Document-A 12-year-old boy meets the age requirement for COVID-19 vaccination and received the first dose of Pfizer vaccine on August 9, 2021 in Miami, Florida.

The director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, said at a Senate hearing on the 2022 budget on Friday that the number of hospitalizations has increased and the number of children infected with COVID-19 has also increased.

She said that in order to protect children until they meet the eligibility criteria for vaccination, adults around them should be vaccinated “to protect them effectively.”
Varensky said there have been surges and outbreaks in places where CDC school guidelines have not been implemented to protect children from the spread of the coronavirus.

Read Also:  As virus cases intensify, Seoul tells gym users to slow down

At the same time, a new report published in the medical journal The Lancet stated that the medical community knows very little about the symptoms that a person still has after surviving the coronavirus.

The report stated that it is necessary to study and understand this syndrome known as “long-distance COVID-19” in order to make an appropriate response to the journal’s so-called “modern medical first-level challenge.”

The Lancet article stated that recovery may take more than a year. The lingering symptoms include “persistent fatigue, dyspnea, brain fog, and depression.”

The report stated that to find the answer to the long-distance COVID-19 mystery, “it requires comprehensive scientific and medical ingenuity while providing compassionate multidisciplinary care.”

Elsewhere in the world, New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced on Friday that the government will ease the nationwide lockdown on COVID-19, and that the country’s largest city, Auckland, the epicenter of the latest outbreak, will be closed for two more. week.

On August 27, 2021, people pass through almost empty streets in the Auckland Central Business District, New Zealand.
On August 27, 2021, people pass through almost empty streets in the Auckland Central Business District, New Zealand.

Ardern said at the press conference that starting from August 31, most areas of the country will enter a three-level shutdown state, allowing companies to fill out online orders and provide takeaway services. Bars and restaurants remain closed, except for takeaways.

Ardern stated that Auckland will remain under alert level 4, which requires the closure of all schools, offices and all businesses and only basic services are provided. Prior to the recent blockade, the country’s last stay-at-home order was lifted in March.

The government takes steps to stop the spread of the delta variant of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. New Zealand’s health authorities reported 70 new cases on Friday, bringing the total number of infections during the outbreak that began this month to 347.

New Zealand has been a global leader in effectively controlling the spread of COVID-19.

Part of the information in this report comes from the Associated Press and Reuters.

Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -