Sunday, January 23, 2022

Alec Baldwin’s iPhone handed over to police investigating deadly film set shooting

Alec Baldwin has handed over his mobile phone to investigators who are probing the fatal shooting on the set of his film, his lawyer has said.

A search warrant was issued for the actor’s iPhone in December, but the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office said earlier this week it was still trying to obtain the device.

Hollywood actor rehearsing a scene in Rust and holding a prop gun when is it goneLive round firing Cinematographer Helena Hutchins murdered and injured director Joel Souza.

Image:
Search warrant issued by the state of New Mexico

On Friday, Sheriff’s Department spokesman Juan Rios said via email that Baldwin’s phone had been handed over to officers in Suffolk County, New York, who were in the process of downloading relevant data to send to New Mexico investigators.

According to court documents, investigators will examine text messages, emails, social network communications, browser activity and other information stored on the device.

Baldwin’s attorney, Aaron Dyer, confirmed that the actor had provided his phone to officers on Friday.

“But it’s not his phone and there’s no answer on his phone. Alec didn’t do anything wrong,” Dyer said in a statement.

“The real question that needs to be answered is how did the live rounds happen on the sets in the first place,” he said.

Last week, Baldwin said any suggestions he had Not obeying a search warrant for his phone was a “lie”,

Please use Chrome browser for more accessible video player

Baldwin insists he is complying with investigation

He said: “It is a process where one state requests another state. Someone from another state cannot come up to you and say, ‘Give me your phone, give me this, give me that’. They can’t do that. They have to go through the state you live in.

“And it’s a process that takes time and they have to specify exactly what they want.

“They can’t just go through your phone and take your pictures or your love letters to your wife or what have you, I really don’t know.

“But of course, we’re going to have to follow all of that 1,000%, we’re totally fine with that.”

Baldwin has repeatedly stated that he did not know the gun contained a live round and did not pull the trigger, adding that investigators must find out who put it in the weapon.

Alec Baldwin talks to ABC News about shooting Halina Hutchins.  photo: abc
Image:
Alec Baldwin has denied pulling the trigger. photo: abc

Baldwin said that he met the film’s armor Hannah Gutierrez-Reid for a gun training session before shooting, and she appeared competent and responsible.

The Ms. Gutierrez-Reid case has been the subject of much scrutiny. Her lawyer has said that she did not shoot the gun and believes she was the victim of sabotage.

Read more:
Alec Baldwin says ‘a day doesn’t pass’ that he doesn’t think about Helena Hutchins’ death
Actor seen at New York event in first public appearance since shooting fatal film set

Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here