Alexander Volkanowski will look to lead 3-0 against Max Holloway when the pairing ends this summer.
On Thursday, MMA Junkie confirmed that there are verbal agreements in place for featherweight champion Volkanowski to face Holloway on July 2 at UFC 276, which takes place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Ariel Helwani It was the first to report that the bout is in the works for July.
Volkanovski (24-1 MMA, 11-0 UFC) was to face Holloway for the third time at UFC 272 in March, but Holloway withdrew due to injury. Instead, Volkanovski faced Chan Sung Jung a month later at UFC 273, dominating “The Korean Zombie” for a fourth-round stoppage victory.
Meanwhile, former featherweight champion Holloway (23-6 MMA, 19-6 UFC) helped Volkanowski to his second straight title at UFC 251 with back-to-back Fight of the Night victories over rising contender Calvin Katar in January 2021. came back from defeat. And most recently, Yair Rodriguez in the UFC Fight Night 197 headliner last November.
Volkanowski, No. 4 in the latest USA Today Sports/MMA Junkie pound-for-pound rankings, took the belt from No. 13 pound-for-pound Holloway with a unanimous decision at UFC 245 in December 2019.
Additionally, the UFC 276 lineup includes:
- Alexander Volkanovsky vs. Max Holloway – For the Featherweight Title
- Lauren Murphy vs Misha Tate
- Brian Barberena vs Robbie Lawler
- Dricus du Plessis vs Brad Tavares
- Jessica-Rose Clark vs Julija Stolyarenko
- Uriah Hall vs Andre Munizo
- messi barber vs jessica i
- Alex Pereira vs Shaun Strickland
- Pedro Munhoz vs Sean O’Malley