presidential government Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador created a unit that would be in charge of coordinating the development and implementation of technical tasks and Cyber security Within the entire Federal Public Administration.
The Inter-Secretary Commission for Information and Communications Technologies and Information Security shall be the entity that, in accordance with the decree published in Official Journal of the FederationThe purpose will be to establish “a mechanism for coordination and collegiate conduct of actions for the implementation of federal policies on information and communication technologies, and information security”.
The functions of the Commission created by President López Obrador will be to participate in the implementation of inter-institutional strategies and actions for the use of ICT and information security; To promote the development of studies and activities related to the use of ICT and cyber security in various fields.
The new commission will be chaired by the National Digital Strategy Coordinating Affiliated to the Office of the Presidency, which currently directs emiliano calderón, The new government unit will report directly to the President of the Republic and will have the participation of representatives of the ICT units of the following dependencies:
- Office of the President of the Republic
- ministry of internal affairs
- secretary of foreign relations
- national defense secretary
- marine secretary
- Secretary of Defense and Civil Protection
- secretariat of finance and public debt
- Welfare Secretariat
- ministry of environment and natural resources
- energy secretary
- Ministry of Economy
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Infrastructure, Communications and Transport Secretariat
- public function secretary
- public education secretary
- health secretary
- Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare
- Ministry of Agriculture, Regional and Urban Development
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Tourism
- legal advisor to the federal executive
Public servants associated with information and communication technology, with general management level, from the following departments will also be part of the commission:
- service tax administration
- National Council for Science and Technology
- Mexican Social Security Institute
- Security and Social Service Institute for State Employees
- mexican oil
- federal power commission
- national intelligence center
- Also head of the CFE Telecom and the National Commission for Internet and Regulatory Reform
The commission shall be established within 15 days of the publication of the decree in the DoF and shall issue its organization and operation guidelines within a period not exceeding 30 business days after it is established.
The new Inter-Secretary Commission for Information and Communications Technology must meet regularly at least three times a year and, exceptionally, it can do so at any time.
The decree also repeals the agreement that aimed to permanently create the Inter-Ministerial Commission for the Development of Electronic Government, published in the Official Gazette of the Federation on December 9, 2005.