At the beginning of this year, the employees who are planning to start their retirement process should have at least 800 weeks of listing And 60 years to access retirement pension in old age and 65 years for old age.
It should be noted that with pension system reform set to take effect in 2021, the requirement for the minimum number of weeks requested will be revised year by year until it reaches 1,000 in 2030.
aspects to consider
According to the National Commission on Retirement Savings System (cancer) In any case to start the pension process it is important that you first keep the following things in mind:
- proof of quoted weeks, The first thing to do is to request said proof before the Mexican Institute of Social Security (IMSS), with the main objective of confirming that the applicant has already had the minimum time to access its resources (2023 800 weeks in). To obtain the certificate, it can be done online through the page https://www.imss.gob.mx/pensiones or in both cases it is necessary to go personally to the IMSS sub-representative: CURP, number Social Security (NSS) and Email.
- Update or correct personal data. The data in the above account identifies you as the owner of your retirement savings that you accumulated during your working life and also helps the administrator to get in touch with you. Which data should be reviewed? Name, CURP, RFC, IMSS Social Security Number (if applicable), Address, Contact information (telephone number and email). In the event of any error or any data needs to be updated, it is necessary to ask Afore to make the relevant amendment by submitting a request to correct or update the data. Depending on the type of correction, official identification and some other documents requested must be presented.
- Keep the account statement handy. As well as proof of balances and details of movements, the statement of account is a document that recognizes you as the owner of the resources you have invested in the retirement savings system, apart from being required for various procedures. Afores, can be done before social security institutions and housing institutions. It should be noted that by law the aforesaid must send account statements at least three times a year to the address or email address specified by employees, who may request additional account statements at any time. If the employee does not receive the statement of account at the address indicated by him or in the email indicated by him or the aforesaid does not attend to his request, he may do so within the knowledge of the employee. driving Admin to requisition the respective shipment.
- integrate into a single electronic file, It is a digital file stored in an electronic media that contains your data, documents and biometric elements (fingerprints and facial biometrics) combined. A specific electronic file is required to complete any process.
- Contact your Afore. You should directly go to the branch of Afore that manages your personal account so that the Administrator’s staff can assist the employee in submitting the application for the Employees’ Pension process.