SENA Public Employment Agency reveals in detail the profiles and vacancies available for Colombians as well as the destinations.
(Also read: Year’s biggest cocaine haul comes in two submarines)
Canada is one of the options that Colombians have to carry out a migration program with which it offers vacancies in various sectors. The Public Employment Agency of SENA constantly publishes vacancies for Colombians with or without a professional career. One of the most recent focused on Carpenter; It takes many to get them work in Toronto, Canada.
What are the requirements?
1. Hire a Carpentry Technician.
2. Read and speak English (Intermediate level B2).
3. Three years’ experience in Carpentry, Cabinet or Mold making, and/or any other related form of Carpentry.
As per information received from SENA, those selected will have to:
– Build, assemble and assemble frames, frameworks and wooden frames of buildings at the construction site.
– manufacture, installation, alteration and repair of wooden structures and elements in wagons, ships and other means of transport.
– Fits and polishes wooden parts such as doors, windows, stairs and cladding inside and outside buildings.
Interpret plans, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements.
– Measure, cut, shape, assemble and add wood materials, substitutes and other materials.
– Prepare cost budgets for clients.
– Make adjustments according to building codes.
(Also read: Prosecutor’s office slams judge who authorized release of ‘first line’)
– Competent and safe with all wood manufacturing processes.
– Ability to read, understand and construct plans or workshop drawings.
– Knowledge of construction and general workshop procedures.
– Ability to lift 45 pounds and push 150 pounds and be on your feet for most of your shift.
If you wish to apply, you must do so at this link: https://ape.sena.edu.co/spe-web/spe/demanda/solicitud-sintesis/3386874. Keep in mind that there are only 20 vacancies as Carpenters and they will receive 120 candidates to interview, please check if the position is still open at the time of registration.