Thursday, February 2, 2023

Associated Press source: Michael Conforto signs 2-year deal with Giants

SAN FRANCISCO ( Associated Press) – Outfielder Michael Conforto has agreed to sign a $36 million, two-year deal with the San Francisco Giants, a deal that includes an option to opt out after the first season, a person said. The one who has knowledge of contract Friday knowledge of agreement.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because he has yet to pass a medical exam. Conforto missed the previous season after undergoing surgery on his right shoulder.

The Giants lost shortstop Carlos Cora this week as he underwent medical evaluation due to concerns about surgery on his right ankle. The 13-year, $350 million deal fell through and he eventually signed a 12-year, $315 million deal with the New York Mets.

San Francisco finished 81-81 this year and missed the 2021 season after winning the National League West with a record 107 wins.

The Giants will need to field a talented and experienced outfield in 2023. Mitch Haniger agreed to a three-year, $43.5 million deal this month and versatile Mike Yastrzemski will return.

April Conforto’s surgery was performed by Dr. Neil Alatreche. Conforto, 29, spent his first 6 1/2 seasons with the Mets before becoming a free agent after the 2021 season. He returned with the Mets in November of last year with a qualifying offer of $18.4 million.

Agent Scott Boras said Conforto was injured in practice in January 2022 during the MLB lockout, which ended in March.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news