At Globe Life Field on Friday, the Texas Rangers (6-13) began a three-match series against the Atlanta Braves (9-11) at 8:05 p.m. ET.
The Braves are preferred when they take on the Rangers (+123) (-143 Moneyline Odds of Win). The matchup on the mound for this contest is with the Atlanta Braves looking to Ian Anderson (1-1), and Garrett Richards answering the bell for the Texas Rangers.
The Braves registered a 5-1 win over the Cubs in their last game yesterday. Kyle Wright was the winning pitcher after throwing seven innings, conceding an earned run on three hits while hitting eight, while Dansby Swanson finished 2-for-3 with a home run and an RBI attacking him. led from
The Rangers lost to the Astros yesterday, pitching in an innings to Matt Bush, conceding two earned runs on a hit while one was dismissed. Corey Seeger went 2-for-3 with a home run and an RBI to pace Rangers’ offense.
Prepare for the Braves vs. Rangers with everything you need to know about Friday’s baseball action.
Atlanta Braves vs Texas Rangers Odds and Betting Lines
Courtesy of Major League Baseball Odds Tipico Sportsbook, Updated on Friday at 5:04AM ET. For a complete list of sports betting odds, access the USA Today Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub.
- Favorite: Brave (-143, bet $100 to win $143)
- a person or group of low caliber: Rangers (+123, wager $100 to win $123)
- over under: 9
Deposit $10, get $200 instantly: Take action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ on Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA Today Network Offers: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credits instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Brave Stats & Trends
brave betting records
- This season, the Braves have been picked 13 times and have won six or 46.2% of those games.
- Atlanta has entered 12 games this season with a side of -143 or more and is 6-6 in those competitions.
- The Braves have a 58.8% chance of winning this game based on the implied probability of Moneyline.
- So far this season, Atlanta and its opponents have hit total overs in nine of their 20 matches.
- The Braves are 8-12-0 against the spread in their 20 chances this season.
Ian Anderson (Brave potential starter)
- The Braves will send Anderson (1-1) to the mound for a fourth start this season.
- The right-handed batsman conceded two earned runs and allowed six hits in five innings against the Miami Marlins on Saturday.
- The 23-year-old has pitched in three matches this season with a 5.40 ERA, 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings and a batting average of .216.
- Anderson has played five or more innings in two straight games and will look to build on that momentum.
- The Rangers have scored 83 runs this season, ranking ninth in MLB. He has 143 hits, 16th in baseball, with 16 home runs (17th in the league).
brave batting stats
- The Braves have hit 24 homers this season, finishing third in the league.
- Hitters for the Braves have an overall slugging percentage of .408 this season, ranking fourth in MLB.
- Atlanta is ranked 13th in MLB with a .234 team batting average.
- The Braves are 14th in the league this season with a total of 79 runs.
- Atlanta has a base percentage of 15th in MLB this season (.307).
- The Braves rank just 26th in MLB with an average of 8.9 whiffs per contest in strikeouts per game.
Rangers Stats & Trends
rangers betting records
- Rangers have been victorious in five of the 15 competitions, or 33.3%, selected as underdogs this season.
- Texas has a win-loss record of 3-5, with +123 or worse by Sportsbook this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup means that Rangers have a 44.8% chance of getting away with a win.
- Texas and its opponents have exceeded totals in eight of their 19 occasions this season.
- The Rangers are 9-10-0 against the spread in their 19 games this season with a line set by the sportsbook.
Garrett Richards (Rangers potential starter)
- Rangers will look to Richards (0-0) to open the game and start the season second.
- His last time out came to a relief on Thursday when Wright threw two unscored innings without a hit against the Houston Astros.
- Opponent hitters have compiled a batting average of just .154 against him this season. He has 2.25 ERAs and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings in six matches.
- Opposing Braves is fourth in offense with slugging percentage (.408) and third in all MLB home run hits (24). They have a collective .234 batting average, and are eighth in the league with a total of 153 hits and 14th with 79 runs in MLB action.
rangers batting stats
- Rangers are ranked 17th in MLB action with 16 home runs. He averages 0.8 per game.
- So far this season, the Rangers are ranked 23rd in baseball, slugging .337.
- Texas has a batting average ranking of 21st in the league (.223).
- The Rangers scored the ninth-most runs in baseball (83 total, 4.4 per game).
- Texas is ranked 21st in the league with a .290 on-base percentage.
- Rangers strike out 7.6 times per game to finish fifth in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO & NJ at Tipico Sportsbook.
Gannett can earn revenue from Tipico for referral of spectators to betting services. Tipico has no effect on nor is reliant on any such revenue from or associated with newsrooms or news coverage. For Terms and Conditions visit Tipico.com. 21+ only. problem Yok? Call 1-800-GAMMER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).