Friday, March 24, 2023

Bad news! honda will discontinue 3 of its cars forever, are you not going to pick up any of these models

All has not been going well for Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL) for some time now. Company car sales are declining. The company’s portfolio is not growing as sales are falling. Not only that, his portfolio is also shrinking. Due to declining sales, the company also had to shut down its manufacturing plant in Greater Noida. The company has stopped production of premium segment vehicles like Civic and CR-V at this plant by the end of 2020. Earlier, Honda also discontinued its luxury offering from the updated BS6 lineup. The Japanese car company now operates its sole plant at Tapukara in Rajasthan.

Honda to discontinue City, Jazz and WRV
According to a report by ET Auto, Honda Cars India will discontinue 3 of their cars by the end of this financial year i.e. March 2023. These cars are the 4th generation City sedan, Jazz hatchback and WRV crossover. Jazz will be the first to stop. Production of the Honda Jazz will end in October 2022. After that, Honda will stop production of the 4th generation City sedan in December 2022 and finally the WRV crossover in March 2023. This means that after March 2023, Honda Cars India will sell only the 5th generation City, City Hybrid and Amaze sedans in India. However, in the Indian market, the company may make a comeback with the SUV segment. The company is also working on this segment.

Also Read- Triumph launches two powerful bikes in India, will get 900cc engine; Four-piston disc brakes will be available

Amaze and CT become the backbone
Honda is soon going to launch their SUV in the Indian market. It is believed to compete directly with compact C-segment SUVs like Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Skoda Kushak and Volkswagen Tigun. Not only that, it will compete with Maruti Grand Vitara and Toyota Highrider. The backbone for Honda at the moment is the Honda Amaze and City. They contribute 50% and 30% respectively to Honda’s total market share. At the same time, WR-V contributed 12% and Jazz contributed 8%. Honda does not have an SUV, due to which the company is also suffering. SUVs contribute 32% of total car sales in India. According to Honda, this number is expected to increase by 40%.

Also Read- Hyundai, Mahindra along with MG, Porsche, Audi and BMW fail before Tata; The demand for these two cars is not stopping

2023 CR-V teaser out
Honda has released the teaser of the new 2023 CR-V. It has advanced technology and a hybrid engine. Honda says the 2023 CR-V will bring a more immersive and refined driving experience. It also gets a large, upright grille with wide headlamps at the front. The CR-V Sport will come with 18-inch multi-spoke alloy wheels in black. The car has an infotainment system with a 9.0-inch touchscreen on top of the dashboard. Which comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. It gets honeycomb effect AC vents, gray or black leather seats and piano black dash trim.

2023 CR-V engine and safety
It gets a 1.5-litre four-cylinder turbocharged engine, which produces 187bhp for the entry-level model. The high-end variants only come with a hybrid 2-liter four-cylinder engine with two electric motors. As for safety, it comes equipped with a boatload of standard driver-assistance technology. It will get features like standard blind-spot monitoring, driver-attention monitor, traffic-sign recognition and back-seat reminder.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Desk
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news