The bank launched “BE Pay”, a new feature of its mobile application that allows users to pay in physical stores using their Android phone.
Banco Estado de Chile has taken an important step towards the modernization of financial services with the launch of «BE Paid«, a new function in its mobile application.
This innovation will allow users to pay in personal stores quickly and safely, just by bringing their Android phone near the establishment’s card reader.
Users can make transactions just by bringing your cell phone near the card reader in the store, which follows a process familiar to those who are used to using their physical card. Transaction confirmation is done using the same 4-digit secret key.
Goodbye to $200 per money order: BancoEstado eliminates CuentaRUT charges and launches BEPay mobile wallet
How to activate BE Pay?
To use the new function, BE Pay, you must link your cards, either RUT Account, Pro Account or Current Account in the Banco Estado App and then follow the following steps to link:
- Download the Banco Estado application to your cell phone.
- If you want to pay, select the “Activate BE Pay” option.
- It will automatically verify that your phone is Android and has NFC technology (remember to activate it on your cell phone).
- Select the card you want to use in BE Pay to pay with your phone. (Bank cards only).
- Accept the terms and conditions and confirm with your BE Pass code.
- You can now go to any physical business that accepts cards and start paying with your phone.
How to use it?
To pay with your RUT Account using the BE Pay system, you must:
- Select BE Pay from the home screen of your Banco Estado App.
- Next, bring your cell phone near the card reader at the store where you shop.
- Then, authorize the purchase using the same 4-digit code you currently use on your card.
- Remember that you need your card with a balance.
Please also note that this service is available only for high-end phone devices or those with NFC technology which allows phones to communicate with other devices.