Search
Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Barchetsi case: Police arrested 62-year-old suspect

Homicide

Case Barchetsi: Police knew the suspect would enter the country – and they believe other criminals

In December 2007, a 27-year-old Egyptian died and her body was dumped in Lake Barchet near Nyunforn. The investigation came to nothing before the cantonal police in Thurgau launched a final call on the television program “Ektenseichen XY Unsolved”. Now one accused has been arrested from various leads.

Barchetsi In Nueforn: This Is Where Criminals Drowned The Body Of A 27-Year-Old Egyptian In 2007.

Barchetsi in Nueforn: This is where criminals drowned the body of a 27-year-old Egyptian in 2007.

Image: Capo TG

Tied to a 30-kilogram concrete block, drowned in the bottom of the lake, dead: On December 13, 2007, the lessee of Barchet Lake in the municipality of Nyunforn discovered the body of a 27-year-old Egyptian. The post-mortem revealed that the youth had died of multiple bullet injuries. The police never got to know more than this. The Barchettsy case remains unresolved to date – it was a so-called “cold case” for years.

In the spring, the Thurgau Cantonal Police resorted to unusual means to obtain information. A call for witnesses was launched on the television program “Ektenseichen XY Unsolved” and media spokesman Matthias Graf said: “This is our last possible search measure.”

Suspect arrested at customs

Apparently the appeal had an effect. On Friday afternoon, cantonal police reported that a 62-year-old Swiss man had been arrested that same afternoon. According to the statement, ‘File No. XY Unresolved’, “the success has been due to, among other things, a comprehensive and thorough investigation with new traces and evaluation of the information from the informants.”

The suspect was stopped and arrested while entering the Bargen, Schaffhausen, on Friday afternoon.

Media spokeswoman Claudia Brunner said upon request that she could not provide any information about the relevance and content of individual leads and traces for strategic reasons. She goes into more detail about the arrest:

“Thanks to the clues, we knew the man was about to enter Switzerland, but we didn’t know when and where.”

At the bargain, Federal Office for Customs and Border Security (BAZG) employees stopped the 62-year-old man as part of a routine investigation and then found that there was an arrest warrant against the man issued by the Kreuzlingen Public Prosecutor.

Brunner says: “Baz’s staff then called the Thurgau Cantonal Police. Their forces have arrested the suspect.”

investigation continues

While the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Kreuzlingen is conducting a criminal investigation and applying to court mandatory measures to detain the suspect, the police work is also not done. Bruner says:

“The investigation is ongoing as we believe others were involved in the crime.”

During an investigation soon after the body was found in 2007, police in Barchetsi found neither traces of blood nor shells. So it was clear from the start: The place where the body was found could not have been the crime scene.

Since there was no sign of it being dragged from the parking lot to the lake, the police at the time assumed that at least two people carried the body to the shore and drowned it.

The role of the concrete block to which the dead man was attached and dragged down remains unclear. Apparently, after “Actenzeichen XY Unresolved”, a person revealed who could provide information about the origin of the block. Police spokesman Bruner could not say at this time and did not want to say whether this lead ultimately led to the arrest.

Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.

Latest News

Related Stories