September 21 (WNN) — The 76th UN General Assembly begins Tuesday and several of the world’s top leaders will deliver speeches on the first day of the annual event – including US President Joe Biden, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, South Korean President Moon Jae and Iranian President. Ibrahim Raisi and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
Biden, delivering his first speech at the General Assembly, is second only to Bolsonaro to speak. General debate begins at 9 a.m. EDT.
Biden’s speech comes after significant criticism of the US leader for the US withdrawal in Afghanistan after two decades of continuous military presence in the country.
Biden’s address is expected to contrast four years of bombing by former President Donald Trump, who cited “America first” in his four speeches at the United Nations headquarters in New York City, downplaying North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. And once laughed when he bragged about his achievements.
Biden’s speech is expected to be more diplomatic and hit notes of globalism and progressivism.
China’s Xi, the world’s second-ranked economy leader, and Raisi will deliver their addresses in pre-recorded statements, as will many others due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
In the afternoon session, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el Sisi, Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte and Somalia’s President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmajo are scheduled to deliver their speeches.
preliminary session (starting at 9 a.m. EDT)
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro
- US President Joe Biden
- Maldives President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Colombian President Ivan Duque Marquez
- Qatar’s leader Tamim bin Hamad Al Thanik
- President of Slovakia Zuzana Kaputovás (pre-recorded)
- Portugal’s President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa
- President of Kyrgyzstan Sadir Zhaparov (pre-recorded)
- Lithuanian President Gitanas Nausida
- President of Uzbekistan Shaukat Mirziyoyev (pre-recorded)
- DRC President Felix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo
- Iranian President Ibrahim Raisi (pre-recorded)
- Chilean President Sebastian Pinera Ichenic (pre-recorded)
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in
- Turkish President Rajab Tayyip Erdogan
- Swiss President Guy Parmelin
- Chinese President Xi Jinping (pre-recorded)
afternoon session (starting at 3 p.m. EDT)
- Croatian President Zoran Milanovic
- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El Sisi (pre-recorded)
- Peru’s President Pedro Castillo Terrones
- Turkmenistan President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedovi (pre-recorded)
- Finnish President Sauli Niinisto
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte
- Rwanda’s President Paul Kagame (pre-recorded)
- Argentine President Alberto Fernandez (pre-recorded)
- Palau’s President Surangel Whips
- Romanian President Klaus Werner Iohannes
- Costa Rica’s President Carlos Alvarado Quesada
- Polish President Andrzej Dudan
- Ecuador’s President Guillermo Lasso Mendoza
- Latvia’s President Egils Levitso
- Bulgaria’s President Rumen Radevi (pre-recorded)
- Zambian President Hakende Hichilema
- Hungarian President Janos der
- Faustin Archange Toudera, leader of the Central African Republic
- Somalia’s President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmajo (pre-recorded)