Monday, October 18, 2021

Big initiative of Uddhav government, this big gift given to rural areas

Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has fixed the cost of COVID-19 treatment in private hospitals across the state. Along with this, an order has also been issued to keep the rates lower in rural areas as compared to urban areas.

In a notification, the Uddhav Thackeray-led government has divided the areas into A, B and C groups. The third category has the lowest prices and does not include urban centers and district headquarters.

Announcing the decision, state health minister Rajesh Tope said the rates set by the government during the first wave of the pandemic were based on the rates prevailing in Mumbai.

“We have now decided to further rationalize them, so the fee in tehsil and district level hospitals will be reduced,” he said.

The move comes after several complaints by private hospitals about rushing people during the pandemic.

The government had earlier issued a notification, stating that 80% of the COVID-19 patients admitted in private hospitals would be treated as per the rates prescribed by the government. Since this notification expired on May 31, it has been reviewed.

Read Also:  Political bombings in Maharashtra by letter bomb, Sharad Pawar said - CM will consider Deshmukh's resignation

The Chief Minister’s Office said, “The notification for charging 80% beds for treatment of COVID-19 patients in private hospitals as per the rates fixed by the government and remaining 20% ​​beds as per the rates fixed by private hospitals expired yesterday. Extending this on June 1, the rates have been revised as per the classification of cities.

Tope said the state government has been empowered to inspect vaccines and initiate action against overcharging hospitals. He said that the government has also identified private hospitals where corona virus infection will be treated under the state’s health insurance scheme Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana (MJPJAY).

He said, “Government has announced various packages for treatment, which covers all expenses including doctor visits and bed charges. Apart from COVID-19, mucormycosis (black fungus) treatment is also covered under MJPJAY. “

“At present there are around 4,000 cases of mucormycosis in the state. We are trying to provide medicine to all patients for the same,” the health minister said.

.

Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -