Amit Kumar, New Delhi: Home Minister Amit Shah is returning to Delhi by canceling his election rally in Assam after the Naxalite attack on the Sukma-Bijapur border in Chhattisgarh on Saturday. The Home Minister held only one of his proposed 3 rallies in Assam today.
On returning to Delhi, the Home Minister will discuss the situation with senior officials regarding the Naxalite attack in Bijapur here and discuss further strategies to intensify the fight against the Naxalites. Home Minister Amit Shah has spoken to Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel about this incident and assured him of all possible help.
Let me tell you that earlier on Sunday morning, Home Minister Amit Shah tweeted that ‘I salute the sacrifice of our brave security personnel who were martyred while fighting Naxalites in Chhattisgarh. The country will never forget his valor. My condolences to their families. We will continue our war against these enemies of peace and progress. Wish the wounded jawan will recover soon. ‘
Let us tell you that so far 23 soldiers have been martyred in an encounter with Naxals in the forests of Chhattisgarh Sukma-Bijapur border. With this, many jawans are seriously injured. Those who are undergoing treatment in the hospital. In retaliation, 10 Naxalites have been killed by the security forces. At present, the search operation is going on in the area. Let me tell you that this is the biggest Naxalite attack of this year. According to the information, the Naxalites used indigenous rocket launcher and LMG in the attack.
It is being told that the security forces had received information that Hidma, the great mischievous commander of the Naxalites, is hiding in Povarti village of Bijapur. On this information, CRPF and District Reserve Guard of Chhattisgarh Police conducted a joint operation. As the security forces were going inside, the Naxalites ambushed them and attacked them. Around 200 to 300 Naxalites attacked the security personnel from bullets, pointed weapons and indigenous rocket launchers from all sides. It is being told that this attack on the security forces has been led by the unit of Naxalites Organization People’s Liberation Group Army Platoon One, which is headed by Hidma himself.