According to an official statement, the Brazilian health regulator suspended the use of more than 12 million doses of Chinese-made vaccines on September 4 because these vaccines were produced in unauthorized factories.
The authorities stated that the ban was “a preventive measure” to prevent “possible imminent risks”.
Anvisa, the country’s federal health regulator, said on Saturday: “The production unit… has not been inspected and has not been authorized by Anvisa for emergency use of the vaccine.”
A day ago, the Butantin Institute in Sao Paulo, a local biomedical center established by the state government, alerted Anvisa. The agency will cooperate with Sinova in China to complete the filling and finalization of 25 batches of 12.1 million doses upon arrival in Brazil.
Butantan told the regulator that another 17 batches, totaling 9 million doses, were produced in the same plant and are being shipped to Brazil.
The regulatory agency has now issued a 90-day ban and is investigating the plant and manufacturing process.
Brazil launched a vaccine earlier this year, and most of the vaccines vaccinated are from Coxing. Since then, more lenses from other manufacturers have been online.
The Minister of Health Marcelo Queiroga stated on August 25 that people who are 70 years of age or older or have a weak immune system will be eligible for the third dose starting September 15-preferably Pfizer vaccine.
71-year-old Diana dos Santos received two Xenoxin vaccinations, but now she refuses to leave home until she gets a booster.
“I can’t go out like before, I’m still afraid of all this,” Santos told the Associated Press. “I will feel safer [with a booster]. “
Chinese officials insist that the vaccine can prevent Delta variants, especially hospitalizations and severe cases.
Brazil has reported more than 580,000 deaths from the virus, but the country’s death rate and active cases have fallen in the past two months.
Reuters and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
This News Originally From – The Epoch Times