Four people had to be admitted to Durand Hospital this Tuesday influenced by smoke inhalation as a result of a caught on fire possibly due to electrical fault in a department on the fifth floor of a building The Buenos Aires neighborhood of Caballito In which the firefighters of the city of Buenos Aires dominated.
The fire was reported at 7.30 am in the kitchen of a house in the laundry and kitchen sector of A building located in Doblas and Chaco a few meters away Rivadavia Park, Where firefighters brought the fire under control and rescued people from the stairs, police and health sources said.
SAME director Alberto Crescenti indicated that two women and two men Those affected by smoke inhalation were transferred to Durand Hospital.
🆘 Cuatro personas debieron ser internadas esta mañana en el Hospital Durand afectadas por inhalación de humo como consecuencia de un incendio desatado en un departamento del quinto piso de un edificio del barrio porteño de Caballitopic.twitter.com/RD3MTAMi2n
— Agencia Télam (@AgenciaTelam) May 2, 2023
It’s about “a man between 58 and 59 years old” who will undergo complementary studies, a woman around 58, another 19 and a young man between 18 years old who is under observation, Crescenti specified in televised statements. Have done
Crescenti said, “All four of them are conscious. They do not have any burns. We have referred them as a precaution.”
When firefighters arrived, the residents of the house that was on fire had taken refuge in the balcony.
Rudolph Stabler, head of the Caballito rescue group, said “all the surrounding rooms were filled with smoke, forcing residents to wisely take shelter on the balcony,” and explained that the fire was “confined to that small room. ”
At the origin of the fire, the rescue team evaluates a “possible electrical contingency”.
In the meantime, Stalber explained that “once residents return from the hospital and are in good condition, the property will be restored to apartments. The rest of the property will be fully enabled to be occupied by their owners.” Is.”
“The fire has already been doused, but we have to see if there are more people who have inhaled the smoke,” said the director of SAME.