Monday, October 3, 2022

Calls for startups to co-develop a business model in technology applied to manufacturing

Pragati X Invited Internationally for the partnership of startups with innovative technologies focused on construction to reduce the housing deficit in Guatemala.

Registration is open till today, August 14, for entrepreneurs to participate with their startups in a program that seeks to make the construction sector more efficient and sustainable through disruptive materials, solutions and technologies.

This is the fourth edition of Progresso X’s annual Global Open Innovation Exponential Changemakers Program and invitations to participate are open internationally.

According to estimates from Guatemala’s Urban Agenda, the country will have a predominantly urban population (75%) in 2032. In the specific case of Guatemala City, this migratory flow from rural areas is reflected even more, with an annual growth rate of close to 2%. Therefore, the demand for housing and urban services will also increase rapidly.

This year, Progresso X, the corporate accelerator of Progresso, has decided to focus the theme of partnership on startups that focus on meeting the challenges of creative solutions and develop buildings and cities according to the potential that each sector represents. Facilitate development. , to help reduce the housing deficit and increase the efficiency of related services (water, energy efficiency and solid waste).

According to Anakovy (2021) data, it is estimated that a total housing deficit of 2.2 million households, 20% of which is in a deficit-quantitative deficit, while the remaining 80% is due to a lack of homes. Among them access to basic services-qualitative deficit-.

“Progreso is committed to the development of the countries and communities where we operate and we believe in the human talent and initiative that union youth and professionals can present to us in this challenge so that they can register and participate in That’s why this year’s edition of Exponential Changemakers is an opportunity for startups to apply their experience, knowledge and building skills, which allows them to tackle this situation relentlessly”, Progresso X General Manager Eric Melgar commented.

Exponential Changemakers 2022

The activity is organized by Progresso X, which aims to create, design and make disruptive ideas a reality for the benefit of the world, with initiatives based on sustainability, through collaborative innovation between Progresso, startups and their ecosystem. The startup groups participating in this program should offer solutions to the following challenges:

  1. Design Processes: Identifying the design processes of a real estate project, from concept to construction plans, that allow for more agile, sustainable and efficient construction to increase productive capacity.
  2. manufacturing system: Discover new manufacturing systems with a focus on efficiency, sustainability and flexibility that challenge the way we manufacture and increase production capacity.
  3. operational management: Incorporate data-driven solutions that optimize the supply chain and operations management of supplies at construction sites with the aim of reducing communication, delivery times, costs and mitigating risks.

who participate?

Startups made up of startups that base their business model on technology applied to manufacturing, that solves one of the established challenges and that fits with one or more use cases with at least 2 years of operation Is. This invitation is open to startups internationally.

process:

Startup registration ends today, August 14th. Interested people can review all the information and register at https://www.progreso-x.com/.,

A panel of judges will select 10 high impact startups. Representatives from each of the 10 selected startups will have the opportunity to travel to Guatemala to participate in a demo day and bootcamp. Demo Day will take place on October 11, giving representatives from each startup the opportunity to present a pitch about their technology.

Following this, a bootcamp will be held, a 3-day experience that begins on October 12, each representative will receive advice from Progresso’s Business Innovation Coach, workshops and talks on the challenges of the program to optimize solutions delivered by experts. for the needs of the company.

during final pitch day, each representative will again present a pitch with Progresso, proposing a co-development model. 3 startups with the best proposals will be selected for co-development of a pilot (innovation loop).

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -