Around 20% of pregnancies worldwide are at high risk of failure.
Unfortunately, it is a frequent condition that is difficult to avoid, but it is possible to reduce your chances of experiencing it. Photo: Shutterstock
loss abortion Occurs spontaneously before the twentieth week of pregnancy, and is defined as the unintentional loss of the fetus, in fact, most of the causes are related to a lack of growth in the baby.
Unfortunately, it is a frequent condition that is difficult to avoid, but it is possible to reduce your chances of experiencing it. Around 20% of pregnancies worldwide are at high risk of failure.
In most cases the cause of miscarriage is unknown, or is associated with some chromosomal abnormality as a result of a damaged egg or sperm. Some other risk factors include:
- harmful habits
- Exposure to environments with radiation or toxic levels
- mother’s age
- family background
- polycystic ovary syndrome
- Uterine malformations
- presence of sexually transmitted infections
If you are planning to get pregnant soon, but you are suffering from any of the mentioned conditions, consult your doctor for necessary recommendations to reduce the risk.
What can you do to prevent miscarriage?
- Do moderate exercise.
- Avoid consuming unprocessed meat products or sausages.
- Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating them.
- Be very careful if you have pets, especially cats.
- If you have an illness or infection, no matter how temporary you are, do not self-medicate.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Attend frequent antenatal check-ups.
- Do not hesitate to visit a medical center if you have fever, vaginal bleeding or abdominal cramps.