There is an upcoming biometric collection session for Bermudians seeking Canadian visas, scheduled for June 6 and 7.
A government spokesman said, “The Ministry of Economy and Labor is pleased to advise that there is an upcoming biometric collection session for Bermudians seeking Canadian visas. The public will remember that due to the impact of COVID-19, Canada The government imposed travel restrictions for Canadian public servants. As a result, representatives of the Consulate General of Canada in New York could not facilitate the biometric identification process for Canadian visa applicants in Bermuda.
Unique identification criteria are mandatory for certain individuals applying for a Canadian visitor visa, work or study permit, or permanent residence in Canada. It is also mandatory for all international students, including Bermudian students.
“Due to an ongoing partnership with the Consulate General of Canada, biometric collection will take place on June 6 and 7 in Bermuda.”
“I want to thank the Consulate General of Canada for continuing this service”, said Economy and Labor Minister Jason Hayward. “All applicants who have the required documents are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity.”
Biometrics Collection Service in Hamilton
- When: 6 and 7 June 2022
- Hours: 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm on Monday, June 6th and 9:00 am to noon and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm on Tuesday, June 7th
- Location: Department of Immigration, 1st Floor Government Administration Building, 30 Parliament Street, Hamilton
Can you use the service?
“First, please ensure that you need to provide your biometrics.
You can use the Service if you:
- Can live in, or enter Bermuda legally
- applied for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence;
- biometrics fee paid [CAD $85 per individual applicant; CAD $170 maximum fee for families applying at the same time], And
- Received a Biometrics Instruction Letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada [IRCC],
“Note: If you apply for your visitor visa, study or work permit online and pay the biometrics fee when submitting your application, you may receive the biometrics instruction sheet within 24 hours of applying. Please Note that you have 30 days after receiving the letter to provide your biometrics.
Book an appointment to reserve your place
“To avoid long lines, you need to book your appointment well in advance. To do so, email [email protected] and include your:
- given name
- Date of birth
- phone number
- Copy of your biometrics instruction sheet [BIL]
“The consulate will respond to your email within two business days.
What to bring to your biometrics appointment
- Your valid passport or other travel documents
- Your Biometrics Instruction Sheet
“Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time.
Other Biometrics Collection Service Options
“If you cannot access the service in Hamilton on 6 and 7 June, the following options are also available here.”