Celine Dion sings during the opening ceremony of her ‘Courage’ world tour on September 18, 2019 in Quebec City, Canada.
Canadian singer Celine Dion has canceled forty planned concerts in Europe until April 2024 due to health reasons, her tour organizers announced on Friday.
They said in a statement that the pop star “continues her treatment” for the rare neurological disease.
In December, the singer had already announced the cancellation or postponement of his scheduled concerts in Europe between February and July 2023.
“I try very hard to get my strength back, but tours can be very difficult (…) It is better that we cancel everything now, until I am really ready to return to the stage”. be,” explained the 55-year-old artist, quoted in the release.
Celine Dion’s last concert as of March 2020 took place in Newark (United States). After fifty concerts in North America, her world tour Courage World Tour was interrupted by the covid pandemic, and the singer was not able to resume it due to muscle cramps.
Their next concert was scheduled for 1 September in Paris.
Celine Dion suffers from Stiff Person Syndrome, a disease whose exact cause is unknown but apparently of autoimmune origin.
This syndrome, which affects one in a million people, causes intense pain and difficulty walking, preventing intense physical activity.
“The medical team accompanying Celine monitors the development of the disease and her treatment,” said her crew.
Tour organizers said, “Tickets purchased for the 42 canceled dates will be refunded.”
Dion is one of the world’s most popular artists, best known for her 1997 song “My Heart Will Go On” from the “Titanic” film soundtrack.