Chevrolet introduced the new Equinox EV earlier this year But at that time it only revealed its aesthetics, without any further details, and so far the American brand has confirmed data on its development, its technology and internal layout and actual capabilities, that of a truck with 100% electric propulsion. It will introduce the new version, as well as its price range,
fluid and elegant design
Thus, apart from the ‘cleanliness’ of its lines and its exterior aesthetics in general, which were coined not only for a sporty intent but also for functionality in terms of aerodynamics, these were the main style innovations for the new Chevrolet Equinox EV. Huh:
- Angular features for a short and penetrating front
- Awesome LED front lights attached to an LED bar with the logo in the middle and under the hood closure.
- Recessed door handles, which are rare at this price point
- Compared to the combustion engine options, the Equinox EV is longer, wider and lower, giving the SUV a very sporty stance.
- There are standard 19-inch alloy wheels and 20 and 21 inches for the top versions. All were optimized to provide the best aerodynamics
- The RS variant will feature a black grille and an optional black roof as opposed to the bodywork.
Great location and technology
Under these two premises, the new electric Chevrolet Equinox was configured, which being larger can also offer better interior space and is also equipped with a very good level of technical equipment for comfort, information and entertainment. For example, it has:
- 11 inch digital instrument cluster
- Touch infotainment screen and 11 inches too.
- Variants with floating center console, metallic details and circular air vents.
- Chevrolet notes that the Equinox EV will have 1,614 liters of cargo space, although unlike other electric pickups, it doesn’t have available frank-space where the combustion engine went.
- Among the most equipped options will be a heated steering wheel and front seats, eight-way power adjustment for the driver. Up front is a flat-bottom steering wheel, sport upholstery, dual-zone climate control and a standard 17.7-inch infotainment system.
Powerful and capable of autonomy
Chevrolet confirmed that the Equinox EV will be offered with a 210 hp electric motor and various powertrains starting from 327 Nm torque and a range of 402 km per charge in the 4×2 variant. If you have a large capacity battery you can extend it up to 300 miles.
The 4×4 drive Chevrolet Equinox EV will be powered by two engines producing 290HP and 469Nm of torque. Its autonomy can be up to 451 km with the maximum capacity battery as the only option.
When it’s time to charge at home, you can get a range of up to 55km per hour of charge with the standard Tier 2 capacity of 11.5kW. For the top variants, this increases to 82 kmph as they support Level 2 charging capacity of 19.2 kW.
On the outside, the standard DC fast charging capability of up to 150 kW allows you to achieve a range of 113 km in just 10 minutes.
For the price of the Chevrolet Equinox EV, its safety equipment is not only one of the most complete, but also one of the most advanced in the market. Driving aids will include:
- forward collision warning
- blind spot steering assist
- Rear Parking Assist with Reversing Mirror Camera
- Keep Lane Assist with Lane Departure Alert
- adaptive cruise control
- automatic emergency braking
- front pedestrian braking
- rear cross traffic braking
- automatic braking in reverse
- IntelliBeam Automatic High Beam
- Heads-up display and HD surround vision.
- Optional Super Cruise semi-autonomous driving system
Chevrolet Equinox is one of the best selling products of the brand and with the starting price that the brand gives to the electric variant about $30,000, This will make it one of the most economical electric trucks in the market. It will arrive in the United States in the third quarter of 2023.