Tuesday, October 3, 2023

“Chroming”, The Dangerous Viral Challenge That Killed A 13-Year-Old Girl: What Is It?

It’s nothing new, but TikTok, the favorite social network of teens, has brought it back to life. After several years of appearances, it claimed its first death, a 13-year-old girl who wanted to complete a “chroming” challenge, but everything went so wrong that she lost her life for it. She was Esra Haynes, she lives in Australia and now her family asks her parents to be vigilant to prevent this tragedy from happening again.

The teenager attended a meeting with her friends, where she was challenged and accepted, for which she inhaled vapors of an aerosol deodorant, causing cardiac arrest. The incident is of 31 March. It was released recently because the family wanted to talk about “chroming” and alert others to the dangers that social networks can pose for young people, which can lead to a lack of acceptance and strong feelings. looking forward to.

“We want to prevent other children from falling into the trap of doing this stupidity. It is undeniable that this will be our crusade,” the girl’s father, Paul Haynes, told the Australian Herald Sun.

He had a promising future. Photo: Special.

Moreover, Esra’s parents assured that the girl would not have done such “nonsense” on her own. They want to use their pain so that others don’t feel the same and that their daughter’s legacy is to avoid more suffering.

On that fateful day, the girl breathed in fumes from the deodorant, when she fainted, emergency services were called and she was taken to the hospital. She was immediately placed on a ventilator, with her parents hoping she would recover and come home, but as part of the treatment, she had a scan which revealed she had suffered irreparable brain damage .

A week after that diagnosis, the girl’s body could no longer resist and she died. Her parents and siblings hug her, thanking her for the fact that they put her on a bed that allowed them to say goodbye like that.

He spent a week in the hospital. Photo: Special.

Thus a promising life was snatched away. She competed in gymnastics, BMX cycling and was the leader of the netball team. Dozens of friends and colleagues shared farewell messages to the girl.


The term “chroming” is an informal term that originated in Australia, meaning the act of inhaling vapors from a toxic source, such as a spray can or paint container.

On TikTok, users practicing “chroming” post videos under the term “whiptalk”, a slang expression for the recreational use of nitrous oxide. The said word has over 546.3 million visits on the Chinese social network.

Inhaled aerosols produce a temporary “high” effect, similar to alcohol, but long-term use can cause cognitive impairment, including an inability to concentrate, memory loss, impaired judgment, and a decrease in IQ.


(Tags to translate) Viral Challenge

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com/
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news