Reported by the Federal Commission for the Protection Against Sanitary Risks (COFPRIS) Forgery of seven drugs and sale of one drug Who does not have the authorization of this health agency.
Commercialization of unregulated drugs, which include counterfeit, those without sanitary registration, substandard, expired, adulterated and those distributed exclusively by the public sector, represent a risk to the health of patients, because can be made in contaminated, toxic substances and other cases, They could lose their effectiveness due to improper storage.
What are counterfeit drugs?
- Regonat (regorafenib) Bottle of 28 tablets with 40 mg in presentation box. Its batch is 702552, its expiry date is May 2020. It has texts in English and Hindi language and was manufactured in India by Natco Pharma Ltd. Cofepris details that it is not released Neither sanitary registration nor import permits have been issued, so its Marketing is a crime in Mexico.
- Buscapine (hyoscine/metamizole sodium) in 10mg/250mg Pres. The false batches are BMXA001 and BMXA002, none recognized by health registry holder Sanofi. A third lot is added with the number 156036, indicating an expiration date of December 2022.
- neo-melumbrina With a pharmaceutical formulation of 500mg. It has two naming numbers, which are B264718. Sanofi does not consider such batches as its own.
- Primoteston Testosterone Depot, 250 mg/mL Solution for Injection, is the third mock treatment. Pharmaceutical Bayer presented evidence to Cofepris, with which it was demonstrated that the batch XB30PFV printed on the box, in addition to X30PVF, indicated on the vial, are not the original products, representing a risk to the health of those who consume or be consumed. Product.
- rivotril, in 2.5 mg/mL solution presentation. The irregular product bears a counterfeit transparent security seal, which has a dark gray outline; RJ0594 nomenclature and end date December 2022. Roche indicated to this health agency that the expiration date of the original batch was December 2020.
- Stomaquil Hygia This is the fifth fake drug. The characteristics of the illegal product are lot number 011150, an expiration date of March 2025 and two legends: “Mix one sachet in half a glass with purified water” and “Do not exceed recommended dose”.
- Novovartalon of 1500mg/15mg. Lots 1219046, 03891, 03105 and 05309 are irregular, as the package lacks a barcode; In addition, this product from Asofarma company does not have a bottle presentation.
- Inhepar 5000UI/ml, 10ml in formulations for the healthcare sector: C18E881, H6205, C20J955, J202522 and J20J955.
Cofepris will impose administrative sanctions on those who sell and advertise unregulated drugs. It urges the public not to buy or consume batches of counterfeit products.