1. Valor Christian (2-0) won 30-7 at Oaks Christian (Westlake Village, California)Senior Gavin Sawchuk found the finish zone four times with 1, 50, 21 and 18 yards in the first half, and linebacker Cayden Hawkins was secured when Valor dominated the traditional California power. next week: Against the Eastern Catholics (Samamish, Washington) at 7pm on September 10th.
2. Cherry Creek (2-0) beat 10th Pomona 31-0The Bruins’ defense shut out their opponents for the second consecutive week. Going back to the state playoffs last fall, Creek now has a 14-quarter consecutive lockout and its 25-game winning streak. next week: At 7pm, September 10th, Chandler (Arizona).
3. Columbine (2-0) defeated No. 9 Cherokee Trail 52-21Junior Dave Zaleski shred Cougars for 263 yards and two touchdowns in 22 dribbles, while two-way stud Seth Cromwell had 14 dribbles. Cut for 161 yards and 4 touchdowns in the dribble, and also scored 18 tackles (3.0 losses). next week: September 10 at 7pm at Faith Lutheran (Las Vegas, Nevada).
4. Ralston Valley (2-0) won 65-0 at Freedom (Orlando, Florida). Two weeks after the start of the season, the Broncos’ defense still has not given up touchdowns. Zach Friedman threw a 40-yard touchdown early in the first quarter and went to a rout in Florida. next week: Against 4A No. 3 Loveland, September 9th at 6pm.
5. Legend (1-1) lost to Mullen, 25-21Connor Warren returned a terrible legendary ball from 66 yards with 4:42 left, as the Broncos trailed 21-7 in the third quarter. Blake Palladino found Owen Hearty for a 30-yard TD catch and two-point conversion, pulling Mullen to within three, and establishing Warren’s winning hero. next week: Against Smoky Hill, September 9th at 7pm.
6. Grandview (2-0) won 38-13 at Mountain Vista. A week after needing a last-minute touchdown to knock down Pomona, the Wolves won their second straight away win. next week: On land, 7:30pm on September 10th.
7. Regis Jesuits at Highland Ranch at noon on Saturday (0-1). next week: At 7pm on September 10th in Mullen.
8. Fairview (1-1) loses to Castle View, 38-21The Sabercats recovered from a 14-0 deficit and quarterback Nate Schmidt ran and threw touchdowns, including a 35-yard catch with Blake Haggerty, which gave CV the lead forever. Marc Wessbecker ran it with 3 yards and 60 yards TD. next week: Against Grand Junction Central, September 10th at 7pm.
9. Cherokee Trail (1-1) lost to 3rd Columbine 52-21The Cougars have no answer to Columbine’s ground and pound ball, which negated a pair of touchdown passes between quarterback Logan Brook and receiver Jack Pierce. next week: Against the Far Northeast, at 7pm on September 10th.
10. Pomona (0-2) lost 31-0 to No. 2 Cherry CreekThe Panthers lost to a top-ranked opponent for the second consecutive week, and the new Pomona coach Nate Johnson is still looking for his first victory in the Panthers. next week: Play against Doherty, September 10th at 7pm.
1. Palmer Ridge (1-0) won 30-27 at Mesa RidgeIn a wild game featuring touchdowns with three special teams, the Bears running back Connor Cook had a TD run of 2, 9 and 1 yards—the last time Palmerridge was allowed to run. Keep the lead at the end of the third quarter (30-27). Next: Vs. Lewis Palmer, September 10th at 7pm.
2. At 10 am on Saturday at Dakota Ridge in Thornton (1-0). next week: Vs. Thomas Jefferson, 7:30pm on September 10th.
3. Loveland (2-0) defeated Mountain View 49-0The Red Wolves have won for the 11th consecutive time since the fall season of 2020, as Drew Foley had three consecutive touchdowns and Loveland’s defense was suspended for the second time in a row. next week: On September 9th at 6pm at 5A No. 4 Ralston Valley.
4. Fountain-Fort Carson (2-0) did not playAfter the free agent was quarantined and the school was unable to “safely send the team”, the Troy team won by confiscation. Free Sports Department tweeted on Friday. next week: At 6 pm, September 9th, Chatfield 9th.
5. Montrose (2-0) defeated No. 7 Fruit Monument 26-22Austin Griffin ran a pair of TDs in the second half, and the Indians shut out their Westhill opponents in the final two quarters to win the second half. next week: Against 3A No. 2 Durango, September 10th at 6pm.
6. Erie (2-0) defeated Pueblo East 29-7QB Blake Barnett completed a 68-yard touchdown, and Caleb Theisen added his 60-yard scoring to the victory. next week: At 4 pm on September 10 at Bear Creek.
7. Fruita Monument (1-1) 26-22 lost to No. 5 MontroseArmoni Trujillo (Armony Trujillo) led the Wildcats 22-13 at halftime with two touchdowns (one rush, one catch), but that’s all they could collect Score. next week: September 10 at 7pm at Grand Junction.
8. Vista Ridge (1-0) did not playThe Wolves will see you a week after they beat Windsor 26-20 in Week 1. next week: At Pine Creek, September 11th at 6pm.
9. Chatfield (2-0) beat Brighton 43-20Jack Marshall scored three points, one of which was 49 yards away, while quarterback Jack Jones had a touchdown (18 yards) and another throw (41 yards) in the second consecutive game where Chatfield scored more than 40 points. ). next week: On September 9th, at 6 pm against Fountain 4-Fort Carson.
10. Golden (2-0) beat Green Mountain 35-14The Devils quarterback Jazel Riley IV scored again with his arms and legs, giving Golden a runaway victory. next week: At 7pm on September 10th at Skyline.
1. Roosevelt (1-0) won No. 4 Holy Family 49-7. next week: Against Pueblo County, September 10th at 7pm.
2. Durango (2-0) defeated Aztec (NM) 54-0. next week: On September 10th at 6pm at 4A No. 5 Montrose.
3. Mead (1-0) did not play.next week: Explore the canyon on the 7th at 6 pm on September 9th.
4. The Holy Family (1-1) lost to No. 1 Roosevelt, 49-7. See you next week
5. The Lutheran (2-0) defeated Denver North 48-15. next week: At 7pm on September 10 at Battle Mountain.
6. Palisade (1-1) lost to Grand Junction Central, 12-8. next week: At 7pm on September 10th at Delta Air Lines.
7. Explore Canyon (2-0) defeated the 9th ranked Pueblo South 21-13.next week: On September 9th at 6 pm against No. 3 Mead.
8. Fort Morgan (1-0-1) won 35-12. next week: On September 10th at 7pm on the 10th against Frederick No. 10.
9. South Pueblo (0-2) 21-13 lost to No. 7 Exploration Canyon. next week: goodbye.
10. Frederick (2-0) won 56-8 at the Pueblo Centennial Celebration. next week: On September 10th at 7pm at Fort Morgan 8th.