Apart from the popular games, the main square will also host two concerts, two South American qualifying matches and the farewell of Matías Fernández.
Throughout the 2023 season, the main course is the Monumental stadium has caused more than just a headache for the team and coaching staff Colo-Colo. Earlier this year the grass was replanted so it was unavailable for several weeks. After that the pitch improved, but after the concert it became weaker Bruno Mars.
However, the main course David Arellano In this second semester there will also be a lot of activity outside of football, as the concerts will take place in “La Ruca”. Roger Waters, The Cure along with the games of the South American qualifiers Chilean national team compared to Peru and Paraguay.
In this line, Gustavo Quinteros At a press conference, he was asked about the condition of the pitch, stressing that a pitch in poor condition could cause complications for the ground-level touch game. “When the field is good, it is much better for Colo-Colo. If it’s not good, it becomes more complicated; not only to Colo-Colo, but also to all the teams that try to play well.”
Nevertheless, the Argentine-Bolivian strategist put his guard down and made it clear that the pitch of the Monumental Stadium is currently in optimal condition, apart from a few specific areas. “Today the field is good, it’s better. There are places where it is a little damaged, but it plays quite well. Then we’ll see what happens later.”
Finally, the Eternal Champion coach stated that he hoped for a good field, but revealed that they were not aware of this type of secondary factor. “Hopefully after these events the field will be in better condition and we can try to play better and better, that’s the idea. Today we don’t just think about the field, but about ourselves.”
The next meeting will take place at your place Colo-Colo In your stadium it will be in front of it Cobresal, a very important commitment for Popular as they face the league leaders. That’s what this duel is made for Saturday September 23rd starts at 17:30 inside Monumental stadium.
Before the break for Pan American Games The Cacique classic will take place in the “Colossus of Macul”. Catholic University and the semi-finals of Chile Cup against the mining occupation. However, the white venue will continue to host events this month when the National Championship 2023.
Upcoming events in the Monumental Stadium
- September 23: Colo-Colo vs. Cobresal, date 24 – National Championship.
- October 1: Colo-Colo vs. Universidad Católica, date 25 – National Championship.
- October 4th: Colo-Colo vs. Cobreloa, semi-final second leg – Chile Cup.
- October 12: Chilean National Team vs. Peru, Date 3 – Qualification.
- October 14: Farewell to Matías Fernández.
- November 7th (almost official): Colo-Colo vs Magallanes, date 22 – National Championship.
- November 12 (approx.): Colo-Colo vs. Unión la Calera, date 27 – National Championship.
- November 16 (almost confirmed): Chilean national team vs Paraguay, date 5 – Qualification.
- November 25th: Roger Waters concert.
- November 30: The Cure concert.
- December 3 (approx.): Colo-Colo vs. Unión Española, date 29 – National Championship.