Search
Thursday, December 01, 2022

COVID-19 hospitalizations in Ontario reach 1,188, another 11 deaths reported

COVID-19-related hospitalizations in Ontario rose to 1,188 on Saturday as health officials reported 11 net new deaths due to the disease.

The number of hospitalized patients with COVID-19 across the province exceeds Friday’s total of 1,135.

Of those admitted to the hospital, 45 per cent were admitted due to COVID-19 and 55 per cent had tested positive after being admitted for a different reason.


  • Sign up for Toronto breaking news alerts straight to your phone or e-mail

At least 779 patients have been fully vaccinated, 171 have not been vaccinated, and 44 have been partially vaccinated. The vaccination status of the remaining patients is unknown.

There are currently 168 patients in the ICU, of whom 64 per cent were admitted due to a COVID-19 infection, while the remaining 36 per cent tested positive after the fact.

Of those patients, 63 have been fully vaccinated, 28 have not been vaccinated, and two have been partially vaccinated. No other vaccination information was released.

The province said it conducted 18,678 COVID-19 tests in the last 24 hours, which it said generated a positivity rate of 18.4 percent.

Of those tested, 3,797 positive cases were identified, though limited access to PCR testing means the numbers are low.

The 11 net new deaths reported on Saturday brought Ontario’s COVID-19 death toll to 12,548.

So far, the province has seen 1,192,437 laboratory-confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus since the start of the pandemic. At the same time, 1,149,833 persons have been cured since testing positive for the virus.

Read Also:  Although aiming higher, Raptors land final piece to Lowry deal with Young trade
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.

Latest News

Related Stories