On this night of January 15, the 28th edition of Critics Choice Awards at the Fairmont Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles, California and once again”pinocchio“The Mexican filmmaker takes home an award for the category win by Guillermo del Toro best animated film
Gala is one of the most important in the industry, because Broadcast Film Critics Association recognizes the best of film and television among actors, actresses, directors and productions, Among the favorites is the film with which Guillermo del Toro shone netflix And it was placed as one of the most viewed on the streaming platform.
“Pinocchio” takes the coveted statuette in the category best animated film In which it competed with other productions such as “Marcel the Shell with Shoes On”, “.to be redand “Well in Boots: The Last Wish”. In addition, he was nominated for Best Song with “Ciao Papa” and Best Soundtrack with Alexandre Desplat.
After winning at the 2023 Golden Globes for Best Animated Film, the Mexican filmmaker arrived at the Critics’ Choice Awards to highlight that animated productions aren’t just for kids. Both events give an indication of what could be different in oscar award This year and “Pinocchio” is already one of the favorites.
Critics’ Choice Awards Winner
This year the ceremony was in charge of comedian Chelsea Jane Handler and highlighted the award for, in addition to “Pinocchio” Angela Bassett In the category of Best Supporting Actress for the film “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” In which Mexicans such as Tenoch Huerta participate.
- Best Actress in a Limited Series or Movie Made for Television – Amanda Seyfried for “The Dropout”.
- Best Foreign Language Film – “RRR”
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series – Jennifer Coolidge for “The White Lotus”.
- Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series – Giancarlo Esposito for “Better Call Saul”.
- Best Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie Made for Television – Paul Walter Hauser “Black Bird.”
- Best Supporting Actress in a Movie or Limited Series Made for Television – Niecy Nash-Bates for “Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story”.
- Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series – Henry Winkler for “Barry”.
- Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series – Sherrill Lee Ralph for “Abbott Elementary.”
- Janelle Monae takes every award given to women advocating gender equality, interpret characters authentically, challenge stereotypes and over the limit.
- Best Supporting Actor – Ke Huay Quan for “Everybody at Once”.
- Best Actor in a Limited Series or Movie Made for Television daniel radcliffe by “Weird: The Al Yankovic Story”.
- Best Actor in a Comedy Series – Jeremy Allen White by “Bear”.
- Best Actress in a Comedy Series – Jean Smart for “Hacks”.
- Best Comedy Series – “Abbott Elementary”.
Guillermo del Toro will receive a tribute in San Lazaro if Murray’s proposal is approved
Guillermo del Toro: all the films with which he won the Golden Globe and where to see them