When driving, The driver must meet certain psycho-physiological conditions which are governed by the regulations themselves, However, it is very important to have all your five senses alert while taking a car. Thus if you are suffering from some common ailments then the DGT can take back your driving license. Its purpose is to guarantee the well-being and safety of other drivers, What is this pathology?
List of diseases that prevent you from driving as per DGT
- insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (or controlled with hypoglycemic drugs).
- Oncological diseases.
- Kidney transplant.
- pacemaker carrier (or an automated defibrillator) and people suffering from cardiac arrhythmias.
- vision problemssuch as cataract or glaucoma.
- sleep apnea,
- chronic and degenerative diseases: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Pulmonary Dystrophy, COPD, ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), Osteoporosis…
- psychiatric illnesses: Sleep disorders, anxiety, depression, OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), ADHD, alcohol and drug abuse and dependence…
However, the prohibition to drive depends on each particular case, because Are patients with any of the following diseases which may lead to a medical report, Consult your expert and you will get answers to all your questions.