diabetesAccording to the CDC, it affects the way the body converts food into energy. When a person has this disease, the body is unable to produce enough amount of insulin or cannot use it properly.
There are three main types of diabetes: type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, and Gestational diabetes that occurs during pregnancy.
According to the Live With Diabetes portal, doctors indicate that type 2 presents with more short- and long-term complications in vital organs.
Complications that can happen when you have type 2 diabetes are:
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels:. Stroke, high blood pressure and atherosclerosis can be recorded.
- Limb Neuropathy: When it is in excess, the nerves are damaged or destroyed. This causes tingling, burning, pain, and loss of sensation in the fingers or toes.
- Irregular heart rhythm due to nerve damage: This causes nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation.
- Kidney diseases: This may result in dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Damage to eyes: Diseases such as cataract and glaucoma appear. The blood vessels in the retina become damaged.
types of diabetes
there are three types Diabetes, 1, 2 and gestational. In the former case, it is caused by an autoimmune response, which prevents the body from producing insulin. is diagnosed in children, adolescents and young adults.
people who have diabetes type 1, they must receive insulin every day to survive. Currently, no one knows how to prevent type 1 diabetes.
when does type 2 diabetes occur insulin It is not used properly and blood sugar cannot be maintained at normal levels. It is a process that develops over many years and is usually diagnosed in adults.
gestational diabetes occurs in pregnant women Never had diabetes. The fetus may be at higher risk for health complications.
Gestational diabetes usually goes away after the baby is born. However, it does increase the risk of developing type 2 diabetes later in life.
baby can also Obesity as a child or teen and who has type 2 diabetes.