People experienced times of high stress and anxiety, converting it into a further increase in depression.
Being aware of emotions allows for better management of thoughts and behaviors. Photo: shutterstock.
The pandemic brought with it devastating moments, moments of uncertainty and dire situations. However, he also raised an issue that has become a constant struggle for millions of Colombians at this point and that is mental health,
According to a report by the Colombian Ministry of Health, anxiety and depression disorders increased by more than 25 percent during the first year of the pandemic, so emotional well-being has become a priority in the country’s households.
Although it may seem impossible, reducing stress levels and coping adequately with daily pressures is not as difficult as it may seem, but it is essential when it comes to finding a balance between thoughts, feelings, and human behavior. Is.
work on the emotional part
Psychologist Pilar Guerra explains the importance of working on the emotional state. “Individuals who are aware of their emotions have better management of their thoughts and their behaviors. They are people who feel good in their own skin, are able to maintain a good relationship with themselves and better relationships with others” , he clarified.
For this reason, she recommends a range of activities that can contribute to improving mental well-being, while the person has fun, talks and discovers different aspects.
Ten tips from the expert that can help contribute to personal wellbeing
1. Walking is a great tool when it comes to boosting emotional well-being That’s about it. Scientists indicate that moderate activity increases levels of serotonin, oxytocin, and endorphins in the brain, while reducing sadness and anhedonia, which are typical of depressive disorders.
2. Increased happiness, reduced stress and increased self-esteem are some of the benefits that establish strong bonds of friendship with other people, Whether it’s talking, dating, or sharing a good time, friends can offer that and much more.
3. House cleaning may help reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, A study published in the “British Journal of Sports Magazine” showed that twenty minutes spent doing household chores was enough to reduce stress levels.
4. is reading It not only helps to acquire new knowledge and explore the imagination, but also increases attention span, enhances memory, increases motivation and reduces stress.
5. make a dream map This is a great strategy for improving emotional well-being. Through a detailed self-diagnosis of eight key areas: health, money, work, intelligence, family, interpersonal and couple relationships, recreation, and spirituality, individuals will be able to set a course for achieving their goals.
6. take a break from social media Can often bring profit. A study conducted by the University of Bath in England showed that taking a break from social networks improves psychological well-being and helps fight depression and anxiety.
7. If stress, tension and anxiety are a constant part of your life, Meditation can help restore calm and inner peace, You only need to dedicate a few minutes to doing this simple and affordable activity to rediscover your center.
8. What is the similarity between writing and introspection? When you do both activities, they can contribute to building a solid, strong, and balanced emotional state. It is sufficient to spend a little time each day answering a few internal inspection questions in writing.
9. Deleting unnecessary emails is one activity that is never superfluous, In addition to deleting unnecessary emails, you can group and organize them to optimize your daily tasks.
10. Whether it is attending a concert of your favorite artist, having a movie night with you, or just buying sweets, Self-healing is essential when it comes to improving and strengthening mental health.
Reference source here: