Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Do you have bad breath and you don’t know why? it could be halitosis

He bad breath also know as halitosis It is associated with various factors such as the consumption of certain foods, diseases or oral hygiene habits, causing your bad breath to smell like sulfur, urine, ammonia or applesauce on many occasions.

most adults suffer halitosis at some point in your life. According to UNAM Gazette, more than half the population bad breath, 80% of cases are due to poor oral hygiene, while the remaining 20% ​​are associated with some pathology.

According to an article published in MedifamWomen are the ones who have a high opinion of their own worth halitosis compared to men, however, by objective estimation, the level of halitosis It is higher in men aged 60 years and older.

halitosis It is a health problem that can affect the emotional stability of those who suffer from it, as it creates anxiety, insecurity or fear of contact with other people and creates a bad impression or an unpleasant moment.

main reasons for halitosis

In most cases, halitosis It is developed by quite common factors. according to experts from Mayo Clinicsome of them are:

  • Food: The breakdown of food particles in and around the teeth can lead to an increase in the bacterial count and cause halitosis
  • Smoking tobacco: Smokers are more likely to have diseased gums, which bad breath
  • Poor oral hygiene: Not flossing and brushing on many occasions can leave food particles in the mouth that get rinsed out bad breath
  • Medications: Some medications contribute to dry mouth. bad breath
  • Infection in the mouth, nose, or throat: sometimes the source bad breath They can be small stones that form on the tonsils and are covered in bacteria, causing the odor.

It should be mentioned that halitosis may be pathological oral, when there are infections such as gingivitis, periodontitis or sinusitis; or extra-oral, when the odor comes from body parts such as the lungs, kidneys or liver, description UNAM Gazette,

Recommendations to reduce halitosis

according to an article in EdenThere are some recommendations that you can follow if you have bad breath. We share what they are:

  • The best approach is good dental hygiene and that the teeth are in good condition. Cleaning the tongue, as well as the palate, should be part of a daily oral hygiene routine.
  • Eating a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, and low in fat and meat, leads to weight loss. halitosis
  • quit tobacco
  • Treatment of xerostomia: Drink plenty of water and avoid caffeinated beverages.
  • High Potency Oxidative Reduces Tablets Halitosis
  • Another option is to rinse and gargle with an effective mouthwash.
Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com/
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news