Saturday, December 2, 2023

Do you want to get a driver’s license for the first time? This way you can do it

Currently, it has become a great need to have a Driver’s License, whether to go to work, travel with family or as a basic requirement to fulfill work functions.

This document is divided into three different categories: professional, non-professional and special licenses. Any of them can be obtained through the Municipal Transit Directorate, after taking and passing an exam.

It is worth noting that it has a specific period of validity depending on the type of car driven and here you will find the information necessary to carry out this procedure regarding its renewal and obtaining it for the first time.

This is how you get your driver’s license for the first time

Those interested in obtaining their driver’s license for the first time must fulfill the following previously established requirements:

  • Obtain a Basic Education Certificate.
  • Valid identity card.
  • Must be at least 18 years old (exceptionally, you can choose 17).
  • Got the theoretical-practical exam.
  • Get a psychotechnical medical and vision examination.
  • Driving Course (optional).
Read Also:  6 months later, the communities in Mississippi hit by the tornado in March fear they have been left behind

Once you have all the documentation, you must go to the nearest Transit Directorate to carry out the procedure, where the price varies between $30,000 and $40,000.

These are the types of Driving licenses

Find out what all the different types of driver’s licenses are and what each one is for:

  • Professionals (class A): Class A1: to drive taxis. Class A2: to drive taxis, ambulances or motorized vehicles for public and private transportation of people with a capacity of 10 to 17 passengers, not counting the driver. Class A3: for taxis, vehicles for paid transportation of students, ambulances or vehicles for public and private transportation of people, without limitation of seating capacity. Class A4: for transporting cargo whose weight is greater than 3,500 kilograms. Class A5: to drive cargo vehicles, simple or articulated, whose gross weight is more than 3,500 kilograms
  • Non-professional: Class B: for motor vehicles with three or four wheels for private transport (cars, trucks, vans, vans, etc.). Class C and class CR: for vehicles with fixed or additional engines (motorcycles, scooters).
  • Special: Class D: for automotive machinery: tractors, mechanical shovels etc. Class E: animal attraction vehicles. Class F: to drive police, firemen and Armed Forces vehicles.
Read Also:  Leader of former President Correa's political movement assassinated in Ecuador: party leader

If you get a professional license, it means that you are authorized to drive private vehicles of class B.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Desk
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news