Blood pressure is defined as the force of blood against the walls of the arteries. This process occurs when the heart pumps blood throughout the body, as explained by the specialized portal Medline PlusNational Library of Medicine website.
high blood pressure is called Also called high blood pressure, it is a silent disease because its symptoms may appear when it has already damaged some functions of the organism.
Besides, it is The main risk factors for heart disease, encephalopathy, kidney disease and other diseases.
For its part, cholesterol is a waxy substance that the body needs to enjoy good health, but in sufficient amounts. According to the US National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, when its levels rise, it can build up in the arteries, putting heart health at risk.
Over time, these deposits build up and make it more difficult for adequate blood to flow through the blood vessels. Also sometimes these plaques can rupture and form a clot which can lead to heart attack or stroke. For this reason, natural fats should be used and those produced after long production processes should be avoided.
As per the mentioned conditions, there is a special nut that the platform recommends to consume Mayo Clinic To lower high blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
these dried fruits It is walnuts, because they are rich in unsaturated fat, fiber and plant sterols, that protect heart health by absorbing harmful fats and lowering both blood pressure and high cholesterol. Its consumption should be moderate without reaching an overdose.
health benefits of nutmeg
Here are some of the benefits shared by the exclusive health portal, body and mind, About the use of nutmeg and its properties for health.
- Ground nutmeg extract is effective in depressed rats. 5, 10 or 20 mg of the extract was given per kilogram of body weight per day for three days. A dose of 10 mg per kg showed the greatest antidepressant effect.
- researchers believe that Nutmeg interacts with the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine.
- In addition, a previous study also found that it improved memory, suggesting that nutmeg affects the brain in other ways as well.
It helps to sleep:
- Nutmeg calms the nerves and promotes sleep. For this, it is advised to boil a pinch of grated nutmeg in a cup of milk and drink it. This mixture helps with sleep disorders, anxiety and stress.
- It is advised to take this nutmeg milk half an hour before sleeping.
For good digestion:
- Nutmeg is widely used in Europe for digestive disorders. Even for gas, diarrhea and stomach cramps.
- For better results, you can add a pinch of grated nutmeg to a glass of warm water.
- If people are suffering from diarrhea, they can also take nutmeg along with grated apple. Symptoms should improve after the first use.
Consuming this spice in excess, ie one to three nuts, has been shown to cause adverse side effects.
The volatile oils involved, formed by derivatives of myristic acid, alkylbenzenes and terpenes, can produce states trauma, Nausea, bloating and hallucinations. Therefore, it is necessary to consume this food in moderation.
Mostly, an overdose causes dehydration and widespread pain. For this reason, it is advised to consult a doctor before including it in the diet.