The first test will be that of Jorge Fossati Cienciano, which we refer to the next match, on Thursday, March 9, to be played for the Copa Sudamericana. We say this because it is the most important game of the Universitario season, not only because of the game on the field, but also because of the financial aspect. Playing this tournament and reaching the group stage involves increasing the club’s financial coffers and making the club responsible for its corresponding financial obligations without any problem. If he continues to progress in this tournament, it would really be a great satisfaction for his supporters, that is what the board of directors has decided and that is why they hired Fossati, who at 70 years old has all the experience to gain. those purposes.
El Comercio asked the opinion of five sports journalists who know and know all the impressions that “exist” University to two big questions:
Andrea Closa – RPP
“Now, it seems to me that the profile of DT, who can fall well in the “U”, especially because of the background that gives him experience.”
1. It is difficult to know if or not before the solution, even the coach of the team, although in general, a new aura is always good, but a lot depends on how it fits in the group. For now, it seems to me a DT profile that can fall well in the “U”, especially because of the background that the experience gives him.
2. The first thing, I think, is mental work. It’s emotionally difficult to lose three games in a row and, even worse, to have this losing streak lead to the resignation of the coach. What is appropriate, I think, means confidence. Now in football, we work in both areas: defensive error and definition.
Angel Flores – Willax TV
“The first thing you need to do is to know your squad well, to know the strengths and weaknesses of each one and then try to make a base eleven.”
1. There is no cure-all medicine. But in the arrival of Fossati, if he could calm down the team and through his experience, he could swim the ship with the players in poor spirits. They gain confidence.
2. The first thing you need to do is to know your field well. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of each individual and then try to build on them to become strong and seek a positive outcome.
Nicolas Salazar – TV Peru
“The question of the university goes further, the bankruptcy process has left a gap in the references”
1. George Fossati The University has come to a difficult time. We will soon know if there is a solution. Although the Uruguayan coach already has experience in collecting teams that are necessarily formed.
2. Without a doubt, his years in the big teams in South America and the Uruguayan team will help. But the question of Universitario goes further, the bankruptcy process has left a gap in the information, together with U Carvallo for many years, whose leadership is questioned.
Renato Landívar – TV Peru Sports
“He is a qualified technician because he has extensive experience and life support.”
1. Fossati was appointed coach because he has extensive experience and a career that helps him convey his message to a group of Universitari footballers when Carlos Compagnucci declared that he could not do it. So, when the group can commit, the Uruguayan coach will make the team respond on the field of play and will be able to find results because it is present in the crisis of performance and results.
2. I think that the team is going to win, because in addition to the idea of the game that can be reflected on the field, what “U” needs to do is start by adding three points so that the players gain confidence and trust. from this moment on, the adversity that led to the departure of Carlos Compagnucci will prevail. The players also need to start showing their best version because we haven’t seen it yet. We have not seen the best version of Alex Valera, Piero Quispe and the signs from the U. So, I think, the main thing is to win in such a way that the team gains confidence and can rise from this adverse moment.
Miguel Villegas – Top Sports Editor
“It’s a solution, I don’t know if it’s a solution.”
1. There is a solution, I don’t know if there is a solution. Let me explain: U needs stability, not 30 years of technology. U need to recover the worship room, which today is the sum of the individuals, but the group is not yet. They had 15 assists at the time. U must win tomorrow and the day after, because there is no time: it is very difficult to go ten years without a bond. Solve all these things today, you need a man with the shoulders of a building and the kindness of a father. Next to him on U’s radar was Fossati’s management.
2. First, as it seems to me, it builds human groups, whose previous technician could not and did not. Let’s ask what the group was like in the last three U titles: 2009, 2013 and 2016. To them I would like to add 2020. There were men who walked in a herd on Campo Mar. That is missing. And then, of course, I will win. Win and win. The show wins.
I suspect that if it happens, Fossati could give U another task, an even bigger one: a permit from a footballer that we don’t see today. And certainly the best Quispe. This is what the teachers are famous for doing: they find gold and put it in banks.
Standings, Liga 1 live: matches, results and more Apertura Tournament.