Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Duke of Sussex files second lawsuit over police protection fight XMAG Magazine

Already taking legal action against the Home Office, Prince Harry has now filed a new lawsuit against the British government and Scotland Yard.

The Duke of Sussex, who now primarily resides in the US, has long been involved in controversy over whether he has the right to pay for his own police protection when visiting the UK. Earlier this summer, he was discharged to bring a High Court challenge against the Home Office over its earlier ruling that Prince Harry and his wife, the Duchess of Sussex, would no longer receive “the same degree” of protection when They were part of the royalty and performed certain functions accordingly. Now Duke has launched a new legal challenge and is reportedly pursuing a new trial that also names the Metropolitan Police.

According to daily mailThe report of a second lawsuit involving the British government and Scotland Yard was upheld by the High Court on 4 August (which also coincided with Meghan’s birthday). The judicial office told the tabloid: “It is at an early stage, no hearing has been listed yet and no decision has been made.”

Read Also:  Fashion completes the poster of Zeety Space in the next pillars

The new case focuses on the action taken in January 2020 by the Royal and VIP Executive Committee (Revec), which decided that private individuals should not be allowed to pay for police protection. DailyMail reports that the secretary Personal The Queen, Sir Edward Young, is also mentioned in the case, as he was allegedly involved in Ravec’s decision.

Duke of Sussex files second lawsuit over police protection fight XMAG Magazine
Duchess and Duke of Sussex
WPA Group / Getty Images

While Harry’s taxpayer-funded police protection was removed when he stepped down as royal, the duke argued that when the family visits his home, he will have to deal with himself, Meghan and the couple’s children, Archie and Must be able to provide protection for Lilibet. Birth. His lawyers have previously said that the UK “It will always be Prince Harry’s home and a country where he wants his wife and children to be safe”and argued that the “lack of police protection” involved “a huge personal risk”.

Read Also:  down Wall Street; Technology and travel companies fall

The DailyMail alleges that the Duke’s legal action against the Home Office is the first time a member of the Royal Family has taken such action against the British government, which could cost around £100,000., However, if the prince were to lose the court case, the Home Office would cover his expenses, reducing the final cost to taxpayers.

Since the case concerns security arrangements for Harry and his family, a judge previously ruled that parts of the legal battle would be kept out of the press. The Duke and the Home Office are believed to have agreed “overwhelmingly” that the material should be removed from witness evidence, according to the Sunday.

Duke of Sussex files second lawsuit over police protection fight XMAG Magazine
Metropolitan Police
Ian Waldi / Getty Images

Harry has also taken legal action against the publisher of Associated Newspapers, daily mail And this mail on sunday, The libel claim pertains to an article published in February by the Sunday newspaper, titled: “Revealed: How Harry Tried To Keep His Legal Battle Over Bodyguards A Secret”.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here