The NBA has named Joel Embiid (Philadelphia 76ers) and Luka Doncic (Mavericks) as its Players of the Month for December, the competition reported via its communications department.
Embiid has guided the Sixers to a monthly record of 9 wins and 4 losses, averaging 35.4 points, 9.9 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game. Doc Rivers’ team is in a straight playoff position, finishing fifth in the Eastern Conference (22–14).
- He has scored at least 30 points in ten games.
- He has 40 points in three matches.
- Scoring record of the month: 53 points vs. Charlotte Hornets (131-113)
- Recorded 7 double-doubles and one triple-double against OKC (16 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists)
Regarding Doncic, the young Slovenian continues to break records in the NBA. In December, he averaged 35.1 points, 9.3 assists and 8.5 rebounds per game for Dallas with an 11–6 record.
- He has scored at least 30 points in twelve games.
- He has scored more than 50 points in three matches.
- New Mavericks scoring record with 60 points against the New York Knicks (126-121)
- First triple-double in NBA history with 60 points, 21 rebounds and 10 assists
- Recorded three triple-doubles and five double-doubles
Vaughan & Green, Best Trainers
As the Coaches of the Month for December, the NBA selected coaches Jack Vaughn (Brooklyn Nets) and Willie Green (New Orleans).
Vaughn’s Nets continue on record pace with a 17-2 mark since last November 23, 2022, and currently hold a record of 12 consecutive wins, second in the East with 25-12.
For his part, Willie Green has guided his young Pels to a 10–5 monthly record, which ranks third in the West with a 23–14 total.
Banchero and Murray, Best Rookies
At the conclusion of the monthly awards, Paolo Banchero (Orlando Magic) and Keegan Murray (Sacramento) have been named Best. cheater December 2022.
Orlando’s interior continued to average 19.1 points, 6.5 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game to qualify for Rookie of the Year. For his part, Murray averaged 12.7 points, 3.5 rebounds and went up to 46.4% on triples.
(Cover photo: Tim Nwachukwu/Getty Images)