Thursday, September 28, 2023

End of marriage? They predict it will disappear in 2062

Is marriage in danger of extinction? a recent report from The British Institute of Family Studies makes it clear that yes, at least in United Kingdom and even dares to date its practical disappearance: 2062,

“Our research suggests that in 2062 he will marry One pair for every 400 adults in the UK, today one in 100 adults do so, which is a Over 70% reduction in two generations, This represents only 67,000 couples who will marry in 2062, compared to 213,000 couples who said ‘I do’ in 2019.” frank young responsible for the study, as stated ABC,

The reason behind the decline in marriages is the fact that new generations prefer not to marry because it happens something old, since it is possible to be together and share life without going through the altar. ,It is not necessary to get married to formalize a relationship which relies on private elements established by its members, not even children, being more and more outside marriage”, explained in the Spanish study ‘Management of privacy in information and knowledge societies’. Couples and breakups in present-day Spain (Gestim-BBVA-2018)’.

The same report shows how since the 1970s, the growth of the marriage rate has started to take a hit. Heavy downfall in Spain: The crude marriage rate in 1976 was 7.18 marriages per 1,000 inhabitants, however, in 2019 the rate has decreased to less than half (3.51 marriages per 1,000 inhabitants).

According to the National Institute of Statistics (INE), Spain will have a total of 148,588 links in 2021, compared to 217,512 in 2012. There have been some significant increases during these years, such as in the year 2000, when there were 216,451 unions, or in 2004 when there were 216,149, but the reality is that Downtrend is unstoppable since 2016 (175,343).

Returning to English studies, Young recalls that there is also the possibility of formalizing the relationship civil union, However, the data, he says, show that “failed spectacularly” Because said option represents less than half 1% (0.45%) of all marriages and civil unions in English. “The same goes for gay marriage, another recent reform that dominated political debate at the time, only for the latest census to show that same-sex marriages account for 0.6% of all marriages. Unfortunately, there is hardly any public debate about the remaining 99.4%.”

Difference between religion and income

religion and ethnicity They also make a difference when it comes to getting married or not. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs are the five main religions in the country and are 24% more likely to be married, although the census also shows an increase in the number of Britons without a religion: a quarter more than in the previous 2011 Census of

“there also large geographical differences, To understand them, the difference lies in income and ethnicity: the top three London boroughs for single-parent families are ethnically mixed and generally poorer than the bottom three affluent, mostly white English cities. Britain’s leading wedding organization, the Marriage Foundation been showing an upward trend for some time The ‘marriage gap’ between rich and poor Young concluded.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Desk
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news