To burn calories, the alternatives that first come to mind are running or pedaling BICYCLES -outside or at the gym.
However, as a note from the Spanish site 20 Minutes shows, there is an option that has been neglected and that is very effective.
An alternative is the elliptical machine. It consists of two walking pedals and two vertical bars to hold, which makes the exercise easier and allows you to work on your arms.
The benefits of this machine? In addition to creating a higher energy costs a note from the Tua Saúde site highlights the following points in its favor.
- Work the muscles of the legs, pectorals, biceps and triceps.
- Resistance and effort can be adjusted to each person’s needs.
- This is a small effect. Therefore, the risk of injuries to the knees and ankles is low.
The elliptical machine allows for comprehensive body work.
- The feeling of effort is not so much.
- Helps strengthen bones.
- Helps regain range of motion.
- Helps train the pelvic floor. Something that women in middle or after their pregnancy are looking for a lot.
How many calories burned on the elliptical
The 20 Minute note shows that the elliptic It allows you to burn about 300 calories in 30 minutes. while run on the treadmill generate caloric expenditure of about 250 at the same time; and the rhythm of walking means a deficit of 150 calories.
In any case, it depends on the intensity used and the metabolism of each person.
Sneakers with shock absorption, essential for physical training Photo: Shutterstock.
It should also be considered that in order to verify the results of training should be continuous and coupled with adequate nutrition.
Tips on how to use it properly
The Tua Saúde site recommends following the following instructions.
- Use shoes with impact absorption.
- Stretch before and after practice.
- Your stomach is always tight.
- Drink small sips of water during training.
- Gradually increase the intensity as the training plan progresses.
On the other hand, it is worth noting that the physical training It should be adapted to the possibilities of each person. A GP will give general guidelines on exercise levels.