MIAMI, September 14 (WNN) — DK Metcalf, Davante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins, Stephen Diggs and Mike Evans top the My Week 2 Fantasy Football wide receiver rankings for 2021.
Justin Jefferson, Tyrek Hill, AJ Brown, CD Lamb and Keenan Allen round out my top 10 choices for Week 2. Brandin Cook, Christian Kirk and Mike Williams are among my other favorite wide receivers to start this week.
Target players who have a good chance of scoring a touchdown and get lots of looks from their respective quarterbacks when considering starting at wide receivers.
Here are some of my favorite players in this week’s rankings:
DK Metcalf scored his first touchdown of the season in a Seattle Seahawks Week 1 victory over the Indianapolis Colts. This week they will face the Tennessee Titans.
Metcalf’s teammate Tyler Lockett led the Seahawks in Week 1 with 100 yards and two scores on four catches. Watch Metcalf become Russell Wilson’s top target quarterback in Week 2.
The Titans allowed four touchdown passes to Kyler Murray and the Arizona Cardinals last week. Wilson is a close lock to tosses at least three more touchdowns in this matchup.
Metcalf is in danger of scoring twice and leading all wide receivers in fantasy points. He is number 1 in my ranking.
The Green Bay Packers entered one of the most disappointing performances in Week 1, losing 38–3 to the New Orleans Saints. Look for big-time rebounds from Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and wide receiver Davante Adams in Week 2.
The Packers host the Detroit Lions, who are coming out of a brutal defeat in Week 1. The Lions also lost top corner Jeff Okuda last week to a season-ending injury.
Rogers and Packers should dominate this matchup. Adams is my number 2 wide receiver for Week 2. I expect at least 100 receiving yards and two scores from Rodgers’ top goal.
Mike Evans posted three catches on the pedestrian for 24 yards and didn’t score in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Week 1 win, but should have included more in Week 2.
The Buccaneers fight the Atlanta Falcons, who allowed just three touchdown passes to Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts in Week 1.
The Falcons had one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL last season.
Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady should carve out this secondary. Evans must find the end zone and take at least six catches in a one-sided win. That’s my number 5 wide receiver.
The Houston Texans are still expected to be one of the worst teams in the NFL this season, but they looked impressive in a weeklong victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Texans quarterback Tyrod Taylor threw 291 yards and two scores in Week 1, with wide receiver Brandin Cooke as his top target. Cooks, who took five catches for 132 yards against the Jaguars, should be relegated in Week 2 against the Cleveland Browns.
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes redeemed the Browns for 337 yards and three scores to open the season.
Look for Cook to find the final field for his first touchdown of the season on Sunday in Cleveland. That’s my number 24 option and can be used as either a low-end WR2 or a high-end WR3.
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Christian Kirk was one of my top discount wire pickups for Week 2. He is number 27 in my week 2 rankings and can be used as a WR3 in all leagues.
Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray looks like an early NFL MVP contender for what should be an explosive offense throughout the season.
DeAndre Hopkins remains Murray’s top target, but don’t be surprised to see Kirk post WR1 level fantasy football stats throughout the year when he gets a decent matchup.
Kirk secured each of his five goals for 70 yards and two touchdowns in a week-long victory over the Tennessee Titans. This week, he faces the Minnesota Vikings defense that allowed rookie Ja’Mar Chase of the Cincinnati Bengals a score on just 101 yards and five catches.
Hopkins and Kirk’s pace should dominate the Vikings in Week 2. I expect both the players to reach the end zone for the second week in a row.
Mike Williams of the Los Angeles Chargers received his team’s only touchdown in a week-long victory over the Washington football team. He is my number 36 wide receiver in Week 2.
The Chargers hosted the Dallas Cowboys in Inglewood, Calif., on Sunday. Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady threw 379 yards and four scores in a one-week win over the Cowboys.
Watch Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert throwing at least three touchdown passes in what should be a shootout in Week 2.
I expect Williams to catch at least six passes for 100 yards with a chance to score.
Week 2 Fantasy Football Wide Receivers Rankings
1. DK Metcalf, Seattle Seahawks vs TN
2. Davante Adams, Green Bay Packers v DET
3. DeAndre Hopkins, Arizona Cardinals v. Min.
4. Stephen Diggs, Buffalo Bills at MIA
5. Mike Evans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers v ATL
6. Justin Jefferson, Minnesota Vikings AZ . In
7. Head to Kansas City in Tyrek Hill, Balo
8. AJ Brown, Tennessee Titans at SEA
9. CD Lamb at the LAC, Dallas Cowboys
10. Keenan Allen, Los Angeles Chargers v Dals
11. Calvin Ridley, Atlanta Falcons at TB
12. Antonio Brown, Tampa Bay Buccaneers v ATL
13. Cooper Kupp, Los Angeles Rams, IND
14. Tyler Lockett, Seattle Seahawks vs TN
15. Alan Robinson, Chicago Bears vs. CIN
16. Julio Jones, Tennessee Titans at SEA
17. Robert Woods, Los Angeles Rams, IND
18. Devonta Smith, Philadelphia Eagles v SF
19. Amari Cooper, Dallas Cowboys at LAC
20. Jammer Chase, Cincinnati Bengals CHI . In
21. AZ . in Adam Thielen, Minnesota Vikings
22. DJ Moore, Carolina Panthers vs. NO
23. Dionte Johnson, Pittsburgh Steelers v LV
24. CLE . Brandin Cook in, Houston Texan
25. Chris Godwin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers v ATL
26. Robbie Anderson, Carolina Panthers v NO
27. Christian Kirk, Arizona Cardinals v. Min.
28. Chase Claypool, Pittsburgh Steelers v LV
29. Jarvis Landry, Cleveland Browns vs. HOU
30. JAX . in Cortland Sutton, Denver Broncos
31. New Orleans Saints at Marquez Callaway, CAR
32. Brandon Ayuk, San Francisco 49ers PHI . In
33. Laviska Schenault Jr., Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Danes
34. Tyler Boyd, CHI . in Cincinnati Bengals
35. Deebo Samuel at PHI, San Francisco 49ers
36. Mike Williams, Los Angeles Chargers v Dals
37. Jaylen Waddell, Miami Dolphins vs BUF
38. T. Higgins, CHI. in Cincinnati Bengals
39. JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pittsburgh Steelers v LV
40. Jalen Rigor, Philadelphia Eagles v SF
41. DeVante Parker, Miami Dolphins vs JX
42. Henry Rugs III, PIT . in Las Vegas Raiders
43. Jacoby Meyers, New England Patriots at NYJ
44. Corey Davis, New York Jets v. NE
45. Mecole Hardman, Kansas City Chiefs in Balo
46. JAX . Tim Patrick in Denver Broncos
47. Detroit Lions at Amon-Ra St. Brown, GB
48. Sammy Watkins, Baltimore Ravens vs. Casey
49. Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Green Bay Packers v DET
50. Anthony Schwartz, Cleveland Browns vs. HOU