Last Update – 2:02
In statements to the NA, Pinedo assured that the former security minister has “characteristics that match the need of the hour” for him: “trust, courage and judgment.”
Furthermore, regarding the intersection between the president of the PRO and the leader of the Citizens Coalition, Alyssa Cario, she confirmed that her gaze was “important for what happened”, adding: “One has only one energy and you have to apply. It’s going to be a significant part of what you want to change.”
Below are excerpts from the interview with Noticias Argentinas: .
NA- Why can Sergio Massa turn the path of destruction?
FP– I said it in the sense that I can do it; I didn’t say that I was expecting it to happen. Massa or any other Argentine can solve the crisis if they have the conviction, courage and team to do so. That’s not all in it.
I have serious doubts that this will end in a good way with a stabilization and development plan, but I don’t think it can.
– We must make a very important regime change. We must believe in the ability of Argentina to operate independently; We should have more faith in the rules and the arbitrariness of the authorities. It is necessary to see Argentina becoming solvent in the long term. It is necessary to create confidence in a currency, reduce taxes and make it possible for people working in the informal sector to pass the formal sector along with a new labor system. All these things together, which are in our stabilization and growth plan, almost nothing will happen.
– None of the first package of measures given by the new minister?
– Never years. Something will happen, but not the set of things that must happen in order to stop inflation and make the country grow.
– But the market seems to have calmed down, at least for these days.
– Yes, the state came out of a state of panic and was left in a state of apparent pessimism. We have to change it to a more predictable one. Marking is called people who buy and sell bonds, securities or shares. People need predictability to do this. I don’t know how this government will create it, but some signs were positive. The theme is that they will stop giving energy.
– What office was President Alberto Fernandez in? ,
– The President regretfully retired from the exercise of the presidency. Argentina is a presidential country; Institutions are the rules that the society has to function and one of them is that the President is important because he sets the course. It generates certainty and you can collaborate. If the President backs down, what happened, no one knows where we are going.
– Is Massa the government’s silver bullet?
– No, any government can take measures to get out of the crisis. In the case of inflation, the solutions are well known: Brazil’s de facto plan, Israel’s deflationary plan, Alfonsín’s southern plan and Cavallo’s convertibility plan.
– Does the ruling party’s new power scheme have any effect in PVC?
– Together for Change received more than 40% of the vote, at least once, in each election turn. This is the alternative force that Argentina have when they want to change course. It doesn’t change us.
He gave examples of various currency stabilization schemes. From the field of Patricia Bullrich, who are you closest to?
The principles of the Israel, Brazil and Southern plans are the same. That’s the way. Before leaving the Senate I left a currency exchange project to build something reliable and stable. Its price was tied to the main currencies of the countries of the Argentine market. The possibility of having a regional currency with Brazil and Uruguay should be evaluated.
Like the euro. Countries should coordinate economic policies.
– Is this possible with the current Mercosur?
– We have to improve Mercosur, make it real. What is there is half false, more verbal than real. We have to use it as a platform for integration and opening up to the world, and we didn’t
– Cambiemos was formatted as an opposition position that would put an end to Kirchnerism. What position is that shaft in?
– In 2015, Cambiemos Yes was a creation to defeat the sectarianism of parties that had known each other and had been working in the Chamber of Deputies for a long time, but from different perspectives from Argentina. The result was the government of Mauricio Macri. Now, Together is a more cohesive force.
At this time we are working for the most part in coordination with Radical Foundations, Citizens Coalition and Republican Peronism with shared plans.
– With this conflict between the CC and the rest of the JXC, the magnifying glass that the ruling party had, ran away….
– Yes. My view of what happened is critical because one only has one energy and you have to apply it to what you want to change. In this case, to create hope for a good government and exit from the crisis for the majority of Argentina, which we have to represent. Inner discussion is a bad place to put energy.
This is not the first time that Alyssa Cario has targeted JXC leaders. What was this feature?
– He has his own look, which is logical. Nor is it necessary to privatize political discussion. I think you have to be tough with issues and soft with people, you don’t need to attack as part of politics. We should focus on the central issue raised by Carrio, which is the hypothesis that Argentina’s departure comes at the hand of an agreement between Together for Change and Sergio Massa. I completely agree that the wart is part of the problem, not the solution. He has a crony capitalism look which is not our look.
– Does JXC have enough strength to face the electoral process without any participant?
Voting people are more important than political organizations. Most of the people in Argentina who need a force that guarantees they will win elections to make relevant changes in Argentina. Whoever does it will have the support of the majority. JXC will not lose any of its partners as they are all steadfast in the idea that unity is the basis of action. There is no such hypothesis.
– What characteristics should the next president of Argentina have?
– Patricia Bulrich has characteristics that match the need of the hour, which are: conviction, courage and judgment.
These situations are because I believe that we do not have much time and we are going through very bad phase in the society.
This requires a quick and strong response.
– In the third stage Mauricio Macri will have the opportunity to compete, how do you see it?
Former President Macri has a chance if he wants to be the candidate. I see it devoted entirely to three themes: PVC unity, winning elections, and making the profound change needed.
And it is also dedicated to his party’s candidates such as Patria and Horacio.
– In journalistic statements he said: “Patricia has a firm belief; Horacio is more willing to compromise with the system.”
– He says that 70% of the political system needs compromise. We do not believe so.
– So, you partially agree with Cario’s criticism.
– Yes, we agree on this. 70% consists of people who are in government because no one has popular support anymore.
We don’t think – specifically – that the wart is part of the solution, but part of the problem.
Isn’t there a contradiction? In the sense that among those he defended is former security minister Rodriguez Laretta.
Patricia defends leaders who do important things for our political arena. They don’t think they should be attacked.
Cario said in 2014 that Macri was his limit, what would be his limit?
– We had to rule in an extreme minority. In 2015, when I presided over the Senate, we were 15 senators out of 72. There you learn that you can do what is best for the country. You don’t need to set limits; Limit is the best you can do. In my experience, those with whom you can’t negotiate, it’s with those whose interests differ from yours or in bad faith. Those who are republican and democratic have almost no boundaries. Different views, but valid.
– What will Xavier Miley bring to JXC?
– There’s definitely a bit of conflict as there are some who don’t want it within PvC. I believe Miley represents an important region of Argentina and represents some very valuable ideas. in people working with rules; in freedom of initiative; in the liberty and capacity of the people to interact under the law; economic stabilization; All that we share. His thoughts about organs, babies and everything we don’t share.
– Beyond Miley’s possible contribution, does this happen in PVC?
– Miley has to make her political career, she has to represent many people. Once that happens, I think all it will bring will be dialogue and parliamentary support to do all these things. I don’t think he wants to participate in our primaries. I feel like Miley wants to have her own path.
– What kind of intern should JxC have?
– Two things have to be contested: you have to win and form a good government. Therefore, whoever wants to represent the alliance will have to compete. I do not believe in competition between parties. We should find formulas which have the power to win elections. From there everyone will do what he likes. Nor can things be divided into infinity because it would harm the power of the government to come and change.
– One intern in UCR and one in PRO? ,
– Against each other would be bad. It seems to me that a campaign should be done in the same way as it is done in government, which is to share vision, objectives and actions. This requires a broader view of ourselves.
– Its feasible? everyone is promoting
– Yes, completely, but later they will come together – I calculate – in less powerful electoral proposals. That’s what I think, but I could be wrong, and many people have an intrinsic part. The best part is that it is a few people intern and representative of the group.
Federico Pinedo’s political career is part of the Union of the Democratic Center (UCeDé) and the Democratic Party. In 2005 he was part of the foundation of the Republican Proposition (PRO), a space he still integrates into. Currently, the former Speaker of the Upper House during the Macri government is alongside Patricia Bulrich in the presidential race for the 2023 general election.